ElectricianBrantford, Canada Job ID 17699 Apply
SC Johnson is recruiting for a
FULL TIME LICENSED ELECTRICIAN
at our 1 Webster Street, Brantford, Ontario manufacturing plant
Applications will only be accepted online
No phone calls or resume drop offs please
Must be available to work night shift
At SCJ, as a Licensed Electrician, you are responsible for emergency repairs, preventive maintenance, CI projects, and process support. Under the direction of the Maintenance Team Lead, you will also maintain processing filling, packaging and facilities related equipment in proper and safe operating condition.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is a fifth-generation family company built on the spirit of our people. For over 130 years, we have been building brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
We believe people do their best work when they're treated with respect, integrity and fairness by their company and their colleagues. SC Johnson is unlike any other business. We are a private, family-led organization where people come first, with programs like Profit Sharing since 1917, and comprehensive compensation packages designed to support SCJ people’s lives and families.
- Flexible benefits plan including extended health, vision and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Defined contribution pension plan
- RRSP and RSP plans with company matching
- Profit Sharing
- Johnson Employee Association (JEA) – fun events for you and your families, draws, prizes and use of our on-site fitness facility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Use of our Company Muskoka Cottage Resort
- Shop in our Employee Store
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoot and repair electronic and electrical equipment in plant, facilities and office being fully conversant with electrical/electronic diagrams and schematics. Assist in the installation of new filling, packaging machinery and processing equipment. After installation and setup, ensure it meets standard performance specifications.
• Troubleshoot, adjust, modify manufacturing, processing and associated equipment controls: PLC, HMI, motion, instrumentations, vision systems and robotic installations
• Independently or part of a team work on assigned projects. Document problems, findings, solutions, programming changes and share with the maintenance and engineering group.
• Independently and/or part of a team work on assigned new installations, installing electrical services and equipment as required in accordance with local, provincial and national codes.
• Provide direction and training where required to production personnel, to assist machine Operators in consistently meeting required production standards. Provide process control support.
• In conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, develop and modify as required, Planned Maintenance Programs to ensure reliable, cost effective performance of all processing, packaging and facilities equipment.
• Prepare requisitions and source components for electronic/electrical materials as required. Assist on determination of spare parts stock levels necessary for a reliable, economic operation.
• Prepare job material lists and perform job costing regarding material and labour requirements.
• Assist other maintenance personnel, as necessary. Willing and able to accept call-ins.
• Work shift assignments as required. Provide shift coverage when required.
• Using communication networks as needed, provide remote support to plant operations. Willing and able to accept call-ins.
• Attend training courses/seminars as required to maintain technical skill level as related to electronics/electrical trade.
• Using the work order system ensure time spent on tasks is accurately charged to the requesting cost centers or internal order numbers.
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner paying special attention to hazards to which personnel and visitors may be susceptible. Maintain good housekeeping in areas of work.
• Assist Engineering as required with capital/expense projects.
• Perform job responsibilities in such a manner as to contribute to a team effort within the department assisting fellow employees in achieving the overall daily objectives of the work group.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Serve as members of the Emergency Response Team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Completion of high school diploma (grade 12) or equivalent (proof will be required)
- Industrial Electrician license (proof will be required)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills
- Experience in manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Rockwell Automation platform prior to entering this position is required
- Proficiency in the following Software Programs:
- Microsoft Suite
- Studio 5000
- FactoryTalk View
- Endress+Hauser DeviceCare
- Cognex In-Sight Explorer
- Keyence IV Navigator
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably 2+ years related experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request.