Associate Manager, Field HRChicago, Illinois Job ID 11969 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support leaders and employees at all levels in a wide range of HR activities
- Provide counsel to employees at all levels in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures and assure consistent interpretation and application of polices, regulations and laws
- Provide counseling and guidance to managers in cases of performance and/or disciplinary issues, including investigation, preparing appropriate documentation and developing performance improvement plans
- Support talent calibration meetings and report results, in line with the standard process and delivery expectations (i.e. succession & development, performance management, merit)
- Support the development and implementation of strategies/processes/organization designs that integrate people with business needs/objectives
- Maintain and develop new capabilities, systems, processes, and training to address key business issues related to effective people management
- Work with clients to review critical HR areas of staffing, performance management, and professional development and design and implement specific plans to achieve goals
- Provide HR systems and transactional support in Workday
- Consulting with clients on policies, procedures and employee leaves
- Staffing process: work with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to find the best candidates for open positions
- Managing annual surveys and reporting including EEO reporting, opinion surveys etc., as well as ad hoc data requests
- Accurately track and record talent information
- On-boarding and off-boarding: Partner with managers and employees on hiring and termination, to ensure compliance and thorough review of processes
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Experience to efficiently manage multiple projects/priorities, with strong time management skills, successful relation to both internal and external clients, flexibility with willingness to make decisions and ability to quickly adapt from one situation to the next.
- Experience working with all levels of the organization, and solid judgment and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Excellent communication and consulting skills
- Ability to build trust and respect with clients at all levels
- Provide a customer service-oriented environment
- Able to perform well in a team environment
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail/accuracy is a must
- Familiarity with an HRIS system or similar large database is essential, with Workday experience preferred
- Demonstrates high level of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong facilitation skills for driving initiatives and resolving issues with assigned client groups
- Possesses a high degree of business acumen
- An inquisitive and curious mind
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.