Associate Manager, FP&A – SalesChicago, Illinois Job ID 24740 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As the Associate Manager, FP&A-Sales you will provide comprehensive financial support to US sales teams to drive profitable growth and optimize trade spending. The successful candidate will be the key business partner for a sales Class of Trade (COT) or sales accounts, working closely with the sales leadership of that COT/accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial support to sales teams
- Collaborate with sales teams to prepare sales and deal forecasts, identifying risks & opportunities and developing contingency plans to deliver budget commitments
- Prepare analysis of trade spending (pre-event and post-event ROI) and provide recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of trade spending
- Provide financial modeling to support internal decision making and preparation for customer meetings
- Manage functional expenses and prepare account reconciliations
- Additional special projects and ad hoc analysis
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of Financial or Accounting experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Global Product Supply Finance or Corporate Control, with understanding of the SCJ P&L
- Strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, SAP, and Financial Consolidation Reporting systems
- Demonstrated analytical skills (ability to prepare P&L models and analysis)
- Ability to summarize financial data clearly and concisely to enable speed and quality of decision making
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and make meaningful contributions to finance/business objectives
- Proven ability to lead project teams and work cross-functionally to deliver against business priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Focus on identifying and implementing process improvements
- Up to 5% domestic travel
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.