Regional Manufacturing Excellence - ManagerChicago, Illinois Job ID 20295 Apply
- Execute manufacturing excellence initiatives through its direct reports and local teams
- Coach manufacturing leadership teams with regards to manufacturing excellence tools and techniques as required
- Lead loss deployment and focused improvement against any, and all plant/global metrics
- Lead loss teams, kaizen events and problem solving for break-through projects within manufacturing sites
- Ensure reapplication of best practices throughout the region and escalate as required
- Drive total end to end savings projects throughout the supply chain
- Manage key metrics as assigned from beginning to end and report out to the North America Executive Committee as required (team capability)
- Act as a creative partner to ensure capabilities/strategy are continuously adapting to fit our manufacturing needs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-8 years of direct/relevant experience
- Military experience considered in lieu of education requirement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 plus years of manufacturing experience
- 3 years of experience in TPM/Lean application in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of our internal Project Management Process and how to succeed
- Demonstrate ability to utilize lean six sigma tools: VSM, Loss analysis, competency gap assessments, AM through steps 3, BD Analysis, etc.
- Understand business applications/possibilities both internal and external
- Bottom line oriented using creative solutions as required
- Leverage MDI, Tableau, SAP, Entropy, Excel…
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport with team members from around a region
- Ability to facilitate large groups and all levels of employees
- Build capabilities with local teams and track skills at a regional level
- Full-time office environment with frequent shop floor interactions
- Travel – Up to 50%
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.