Regulatory Compliance & Registration Specialist - Supporting Romania / BulgariaFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 17715 Apply
The Global Regulatory Compliance and Registration (GRRC) function provides global regulatory leadership, expertise, and execution for the information/dossier development, product registration, and compliance management of all SC Johnson products. This role is within the GSARA (Global Safety Assessment and Regulatory Affairs) Organisation. This role is based in the SC Johnson UK office in Frimley, Surrey.
This role will will co-ordinate local compliance activities for all SCJ products in the assigned countries serving as a single point of contact for all product related regulatory compliance inquiries.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station (with direct services to London Waterloo) and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
The role involves working with internal and external stakeholders to identify, gather, collate and distribute data, information and documentation necessary to ensure local regulatory compliance and secure/facilitate product registrations.
This position will require effective interaction with key personnel in regulatory agencies to ensure the timely resolution of issues and the approval of registration actions and compliance with other regulatory demands.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for regulatory compliance and registration actions for assigned countries.
- Executing local compliance in applicable cluster lead & cluster member countries.
- Providing interpretive analyses of complex regulatory guidance documents, Regulations or Directives that impact the company’s products and operations, summarise implications for affected functions.
- Determining, negotiating, and communicating registration and other regulatory requirements with respect to data, key documentation, and other supporting information (& their format) to Regional Manager/Director and to other internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Continuously evaluating the regulatory climate of the assigned countries, identifying potential issues which may arise, working to favourably impact the outcome of emerging or existing issues.
- Tracking the progress of regulatory documentation submissions and/or registration applications within Regulatory Agencies.
- Monitoring regulatory status of registered products for registration renewals and data call-ins. Inform the hubs to ensure uninterrupted compliance.
- Focusing and aligning local activities with regional and global plans and priority lists.
- Proactively ensures necessary data requirements for registration dossiers in countries are communicated to the EU regional team.
- Responding to requests from global or regional project teams to provide critical input into registration needs for product launch globally or within region.
- Co-ordinating, collating and submitting registration dossiers for new product registrations (NPDs) for the local country leads/clusters.
- Compiling amendment packages to update existing product registrations (e.g. change of formula, new label claims, active ingredient or finished product manufacturing site changes etc.).
- Localising regulatory documents to fit specifications of the local country (e.g. SDS etc.).
- Application of relevant GSARA processes and procedures.
- Maintaining company databases and compliance related IT tools
- At least BSc or MSc degree (or equivalent) preferably in a related Science field (Chemistry, Biology) is strongly preferred
- A strong understanding and experience of working with consumer product legislation and regulations, both at the local and European level
- Experience in the related regulatory and/or registration area in an FMCG environment
- Proven situational leadership skills and demonstrated experience in influencing internal stakeholders as well as forging strong relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures in an international context
- Strong communication skills: must be able to summarise, simplify and articulate technical information to diverse audiences both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving skills with the ability to bring projects to a conclusion
- Self-directed with a “can do” attitude and willingness to drive change
- Knowledge of Romanian and/or Bulgarian is not a requirement, but would be advantageous