Manager, Sales Account Management - AlbertsonsIllinois; Chicago, Illinois Job ID 19991 Apply
This Manager, Sales Account Management is responsible for developing the SCJ business at Albertsons through clear customer focus, effective business planning using a fact-based approach to understand opportunities, strengths, and objectives of account. The candidate for this position must possess experience that demonstrates an understanding of the complexities of supply chain management, deal management techniques, merchandising, promotion development and utilize the appropriate techniques and skills to gain the customer support for identified opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incumbent will be held accountable for directing all activities of assigned account to assure achievement of account growth/dollar objectives.
- Build strong customer relationships that result in partnership opportunities which drive sales, market share and profit.
- Incumbent will develop secure approval and implement an annual corporate business plan aligned with objectives of Director and in place prior to the commencement of the new fiscal year, while working cross functionally to assure execution of the plans.
- Provides account specific promotional plans, recommendations to Director to ensure achievement of account growth goals and develop ongoing customer plans that are in alignment with corporate and customer goals.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant business experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Sales experience in a CPG company.
- Demonstrated experience building customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
- Understanding of the customer’s business models and the key drivers that impact the customers P&L, from the customers as well as from SCJ’s prospective.
- Working knowledge of Consumer Insights and application potential.
- Previous Sales and/or Category experience (internal or external) and proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge.
- Ability to balance risk versus ROI. Understand risk, profit contributions and DP. Balance critical financial needs of SCJ versus account.
- Willingness to travel to meet customer needs.
- Previous experience providing strategy and direction to customers.
- Demonstrate effective (internal or external) people management skills.
- Ability to motivate cross functional groups to common goals.
- Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands.
- Account specific strategic business plans
- Sales forecasting.
- Deal spending within budget.
- Distribution recommendations for account
- Merchandising recommendations for account
- Pricing and promotion recommendations for account
- T&E spending within budget
- Participates in the IGP (strategic account planning) process planning.
- Participates in monthly forecast call planning.
- Plays a leadership role in Supply Chain Management during COVID challenges
- This position is field based.
- The individual assuming this position may need to relocate for future opportunities.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.