Cloud Systems EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14304 Apply
The Cloud Systems Engineer (Associate Manager level) is part of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department. This role includes responsibility for the design, planning, management, support, and oversight of the On-Premise and Public Cloud environment.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department owns the design, planning, development, delivery, and support of Windows, Linux, Unix, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- Azure Compute services
- Azure Storage services
- Azure Data Protection services
- Azure Governance, Control and Security services
- Azure Monitoring and Cost Management services
- Infrastructure as Code Deployment and Management of Azure resources
- Leveraging Terraform/ARM, Azure Repo (Git) and Azure Pipelines
- Windows services
- Virtualization services
- Open Systems services
- Storage services
- Backup and Archival services
- Infrastructure Cloud services
- Automation and Orchestration
- Performance and Capacity Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive public and hybrid cloud-based, proof-of-concept prototypes that assess the feasibility of solutions and demonstrate to our clients how technology can be leveraged.
- Identify, analyze and resolve the most complex public and hybrid cloud-based issues.
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Establish relationships with strategic public and hybrid cloud vendors to acquire knowledge develop partnerships and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions.
- Communicates architectural solutions to IT senior leaders and other critical stakeholders throughout the architecture planning and design process.
- Developing, implementing and overseeing policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection including both on-prem and Azure
- Managing and providing current usage statistics and providing future projected growth estimates
- Supports application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members on Cloud Technologies
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks for Cloud Services to support distributed, Windows, Open Systems environments and technologies as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure services
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
- Design and develop enterprise cloud hosting solutions to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of designing, developing or provisioning public cloud services
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related degree or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of experience supporting distributed, Windows and Open Systems environments and technologies
- 3+ year of experience in Cloud platform technologies - Microsoft Azure
- 2+ years’ experience and proven success in Azure design, support and management within a large-scale organization
- 1+ year of experience with at least one scripting tool (PowerShell, Terraform, Perl, UNIX shell, etc.)
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with designing, deploying and configuring popular Azure IaaS and PaaS services
- Experience with controlling and securing the Azure environment with RBAC, Azure Policies, Management Group, Network Security Group/Application Security Group, etc.
- Experience with Azure AD (users and groups, service principals, app registration, etc.)
- Experience with scripting using Azure PowerShell modules and Azure CLI
- Experience with writing code and deploying infrastructure using Terraform (v0.12 and later) and ARM templates
- Experience with Git and its workflows, Azure Repo/GitHub
- Experience with authoring code for Azure Pipelines (YAML based multi-stage) and set up workflow for deployment using the pipelines
- Experience with network layers and network infrastructures
- Azure certification (Admin or Architect)
- Experience in implementing hosting private and public cloud solutions
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and self-learner
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.