Director, Project Management, Products, Global Category Business Integration DirectorRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10653 Apply
- The primary responsibility of the Global PS Director is to drive the PS Leads team and the NPD strategies, to ultimately deliver incremental growth.
- This leader develops the Category Portfolio Management Strategies as a member of the Category Leadership team. This includes resource prioritization, creating linkage to GPS strategies and Business and Integration processes (end to end capacity and asset planning).
- The GPS Director represent GPS in Global Innovation projects.
- This leader is responsible for driving optimization of the supply chain of the combined businesses with the regional product supply teams.
- The GPS Director is expected to lead a cross functional team in the E2E execution of the category with strong collaboration required across all regions and ability to influence leaders from Commercial, GPS, Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Growth is a Team Sport
- Possess strong business, market and category acumen to optimize business results. Applies deep, technical knowledge, business context and competitive set of information to drive business and project execution decision in assigned Categories.
- Collaborate with business partners to create winning 1 to 3-year growth plans commensurate with the role the brand/form plays in the market. Possesses the ability to engage & influence key strategic leaders in Commercial, Finance, GPS and RDE to gain enrollment to a course of action.
- Provides overall leadership to flawless technical execution/deliver to market of projects within assigned portfolio. Develop/manage linkages with regional teams to ensure seamless execution of projects from development to commercialization/Launch.
- Directs the teams responsible for the engagement of all GPS functional leads to provide all GPS Playbook deliverables per the established timeline from Ideation through Development stage.
- Deliver product portfolio that delivers share growth and superiority against defined Consumer Choice Drivers which drives margin improvement.
- Provide global sourcing plans and supply chain maps to ensure an adequate global supply chain to meet marketing volume forecast plans and acknowledge all potential trade-offs. Develop Product Supply Change Management plans.
- Create a robust, multi-year pipeline of supply chain optimization that will evolve with the expansion category growth plans.
- Develop/manage linkages with regional teams to ensure seamless execution of projects from development to Commercialization/Launch.
- Ensure development of risk/mitigation and contingency plans with project execution teams. Effectively manage and communicate project risks with GPS stakeholders.
- Ensure development of robust proxy COS, capital and other investment costs including completing make vs. buy analyses in all sourcing locations.
- Assemble the regional GPS inputs to the global business MEA.
Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Leads project scoping to ensure a winning proposition is defined including delivering business objectives including cost, pricing and timing.
- Ensure GPS team’s adherence and continuous improvement of the NPD commercialization process including Stage gate approver responsibilities.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture in the Product Supply team.
- Support the development of those in reporting organization through training opportunities, coaching and participating in the performance management, succession and development activities.
- Interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation. Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives.
- Demonstrate strong functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & Robustness, Regulation & Safety, Scientific Rigor and Technical Curiosity.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BS or BA technical/business degree required.
- 10+ years of Product Supply or RD&E experience in CPG or a closely related industry.
- 7-10 years’ experience of managing a cross functional team, section or other large Technical group of significant size and complexity.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of Total Cost of Ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost. This requires sound understanding of cost drivers in supply chain management.
- Sustainable track record in identifying, developing and executing process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making with stakeholder alignment.
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas.
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter.
- Highly organized, flexible, and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next with strong analytical, attention to detail.
- Proven track record in driving global, creative, innovative new product development processes that result in product and portfolio growth.
- Full time
- 25% travel (Domestic/International)
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.