HVAC- Senior TechnicianRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12821 Apply
Technical Resource Team (HVAC Technician) members will be required to maintain and repair heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment as well as plumbing and utility systems. This position must possess a working knowledge of various HVAC control systems that will enable them to efficiently troubleshoot and repair/replace control systems. The job includes following Preventative Maintenance plans, contributing to and performing process improvements to equipment, responding to emergency equipment breakdowns, preparing complete and accurate systems records, and an understanding of LEAN principals. Technicians will be involved in making proper judgments to determine the appropriate actions to take whenever direct or indirect intervention is required on equipment and resolution of equipment malfunctions. Technical Resource Team members will be responsible for leading and facilitating problem solving, loss teams, and autonomous production teams.
Team members must be able to work independently as well as with a high level of interaction in both small and large and group situations and will be required to participate constructively in team meetings, team consensus decision making, problem solving, root cause analysis and with the performance appraisal process.
Safety is a primary responsibility for all team members. All employees will be required to follow all safety rules and guidelines and to participate in the Behavioral Based Safety process.
A high degree of flexibility is needed to be successful in this role. Based on business needs, team members must be willing and able to rotate to different assignments and to rotating work schedules. This means members must be able to rotate to different shifts and to alternative working schedules (e.g. other than 8 hours per day M-F) depending on the needs of the business. Primary assignment will be 1st shift.
Team members must demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn, teach others and to take responsibility and ownership for various aspects of the manufacturing process. A strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities is critical for the success of the individual and the team as a whole.
- EPA 608 Universal license
- Technical Degree preferred
- Technical certificates and certifications
- 5 years’ experience in HVAC trade
- Journeymen license
- Able to read electrical schematics and minor electrical troubleshooting
- Knowledge in fire protection systems
- Steam, condensate, pipefitting knowledge
- Knowledge in utility services
- Refrigerant license
- Pump rebuilding knowledge
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate basic math and measurement skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Employees must be able to demonstrate ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting up to 40 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to 8 to 12 hours daily, and working outside when required.
- Must be process oriented and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing Environment preferred
- RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- Proven ability to undertake tasks of substantial variety or complexity
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.