Manager, Digital Communication (Reputation Management)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 10534 Apply
As an essential member of the high-performing Global Public Affairs & Communications team, the Digital Communications Manager supports the Global Corporate Public Affairs & Internal
Communications team. The role has primary responsibility and oversight in the development and implementation of digital communication strategy to promote SC Johnson's corporate reputation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager's primary role is responsibility for ongoing governance of the SC Johnson digital PR engagement strategy and initiatives. Manager will review programs to ensure consistency with SC Johnson's values, brand and strategic business plan. Oversee development and execution of Global Corporate digital strategy for external-facing programs.
- Provide strategic counsel within annual digital planning process
- Actively engage in the monitoring and management of the social media platform, including development of listening, reporting and engagement policies.
- Lead management of social media issues on corporate Facebook/Twitter/lnstagram pages where there is a reputation risk. Maintain ownership of social media protocol. Update materials annually and train Agency social media community managers on established social media protocol designed to ensure corporate reputation is considered during each and every social media interaction.
- Manage ROI and tracking tools for Brand PR efforts. Knowledge of testing methodologies, channel strategy, marketing metrics, search, web technologies, digital analytical tools
- Provide regular updates on analytics and tactical programs
- Provide crisis support on crisis management needs, as appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal cross-functional partners including Marketing, IT, Global Communications, Legal and Agency partners
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through personal training and development
- Engage and perform duties for special Corporate Reputation Initiatives projects as assigned
- Supports Director of Global Public Affairs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in at least one of the followinq areas: business, information technology, integrated communications, marketing, public relations, marketing, communications, or related field degree a plus
- Minimum of 7 years communication experience in corporate, government, PR agency or consulting
- Experience in corporate, digital, social media, marketing or public relations environment that includes direct responsibility for web and social media strategy development and execution strategies
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills — working knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Knowledge of graphic design and production
- In-depth knowledge of social media
- Have a thorough understanding of corporate communications and public relations experience in integrating online plans
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Experienced in dealing with top-tier media
- Able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholder
- Possesses advanced computer skills
- Experience, knowledge of online/social media
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.