Manager, Enterprise Learning and DevelopmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10198 Apply
We are seeking an innately curious Learning Consultant with a strong business acumen. The ideal candidate will be a strategic business partner with a sense of urgency – and have the ability to get to the root cause of our most critical knowledge, skill, and performance gaps. If you have a passion for developing people and helping them achieve the Joy of Mastery, then look no further!
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong influencing and communication skills and have the ability to facilitate strong partnerships across all stakeholders. The Manager, Enterprise Learning and Development will partner with the HR Leadership Team, Leadership Development Manager, and Functional Learning Consultants to develop enterprise-wide employee development strategy that is a key enabler of the business strategy and priorities. The key areas of ownership for this role are SCJ Global Onboarding and New Hire Orientation, Development Planning, Mentoring, and Professional Skill development.
The Learning and Development, Enterprise will collaborate with learning and development leadership on the allocation of global resources based on prioritization, capacity and capability. In the scoping and planning process, they must work closely with Learning Solutions to outline development estimates and timelines as well as communicate project priority decisions to business and HR leadership.
Finally, the right candidate will possess an obsession over learner experience and an energy, passion, and commitment to ensure it is consistently great across the SCJ organization.
- Develop and deploy the Enterprise learning and development strategy, priorities, and resource allocation that is an integral part of delivering the business strategy.
- Take a holistic view of performance problems, identify the root cause(s), and prescribe learning or talent-based solutions, when appropriate. Additionally, have the ability to influence the customer on alternative solutions when learning is not the correct solution.
- Provide direction and support for the functionally agnostic enterprise learning solutions including onboarding, development planning, competency frameworks, and professional skill development.
- In partnership with the Learning Solutions team or vendor partners, develop impactful learning solutions that will drive the business strategy. This will include designing, developing, deploying, maintaining, and evaluating functional learning solutions. Expected to apply adult learning principles to learning solutions to ensure a high impact outcome of the learning.
- Demonstrated program management experience including: establishing program objectives, design program components, logistics, and related materials. Determine optimal methods for implementation and communication to employees, while applying understanding of communication styles, etiquette, protocol, and accepted behaviors within the culture. Execute implementation plans on time and within budget to achieve desired results. Monitor the effectiveness and success of programs and implementation activities.
- Manage vendors to ensure outsourced projects meet the organization's objectives, are completed on-time and within budget. Acting as a liaison with vendors, developing selection and performance criteria for providers, providing ongoing assessment of services and giving feedback, ensuring quality control for services and continued process improvement and partnership. May include researching vendors and negotiating contracts.
- Measure and communicate the impact of learning solutions, beyond just learning experience (Level 1) but also into the application of the learning and impact on the business.
- Promote learning and best-practice collaboration that cuts across geographies and functions.
- Network with L&D industry thought leaders to identify and adopt leading L&D practices, and training content/capability, and seek to implement within function as appropriate.
DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required and/or Master’s degree preferred in Human Resources or Learning.
- 7+ years in learning/talent development
- Ability to perform needs analysis and prescribe, design, develop, and/or implement impactful learning solutions and accompanying change management.
- Program Management
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with and challenge stakeholders to drive initiatives.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in applying behavioral, performance and learning best practices and theories. Instructional design and development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history in leading and executing Global Onboarding, Development Planning, Mentoring, and Professional Skill development in a large global organization.
- Experience working in a global organization with an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities that exist when delivering learning to a global audience.
- Strong communication skills including written, spoken, and multimedia.
- Strong consulting skills with an ability to build and maintain effective relationships, build trust with partners, and gain leadership buy-in to take accountable action.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization where interaction across functions, regions and business units is key to success.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WebEx Training Center, Workday, Skype for Business, eLearning, and Learning Management Systems (LMS) desired.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.