Manager, Global Customer Marketing – Air Care/Home StorageRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20534 Apply
The Manager, Global Customer Marketing is the commercial expert for the Categories and Brands she / he supports and contributes to the development of commercial strategies and plans and is responsible for translating the business unit strategies into commercial plans and tactics for assigned categories, brands, at a Regional or Cluster level.
The Global Customer Marketing Manager serves as the key Global contact for local Customer Marketing and other Commercial Teams.
The Global Customer Marketing Manager also represents within the Brand Teams and vis-à-vis the local teams all the COEs that global Customer Marketing is responsible for, namely FOCO, Scale, Storytelling, Customer and Channel Thought Leadership, MAPP, Category & Product Knowledge, Best Practice Sharing Engine, Shopper Agency management and Shopper Insights direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
“SCJ Way of Commercializing” Activation Leadership (Lead)
- Owns and Manages the Shopper Operating System for respective business, to drive Shopper Marketing Excellence, directly responsible for:
- Conversion-driving Shopper Marketing strategies and activation thought starters, in partnership with the Brand Teams and Shopper Agency.
- Timekeeping of agreed commercial milestones (ensure Timely Toolkits are released based on Ready to Adapt, Sell, Adopt milestones).
- FOCO/M2S Plans: provides direction and collaborates with local markets on design and tracking of integrated commercial plans.
- Storytelling: Category Growth Narratives (creates trade narratives which support global brand strategy), Category foundations and Product Innovation Education (Athena) and Selling Materials ("how to deliver" tactics like Sales Videos, Discovery Boxes, sales samples).
- Channel Strategy: develop and implement channel-specific principles, tools and content for local activation across multiple channels (e.g. Pharma/Drug, Discounters, Club, etc) and eCommerce integration, in close collaboration with e-Commerce Team.
- MAPP: develop Principles, Guidelines and Content that clarifies direction for FOCO/ in-store execution.
- Scale: multiple brands activation, both within a single category and across-categories.
- Best Practice Sharing across the regions.
Deployment of the Global Customer Marketing Agenda (COEs) within the assigned Category/ Brand Teams (Lead)
- Responsible for one assigned Center of Excellence (COE) across Categories/brands and Regions/ markets.
- Defines Goals and creates Strategies for operationalization of COE defined Objective.
- Deploys the COE’s goals across the entire Commercial organization (Global and Local) to maximum effectiveness and scale.
- Connects Global Brand Marketing Teams and Local Markets Commercial Teams to gather and share Best Practices cases that advance the agenda of the COE.
Global/Local Engagement (Collaborate)
- Regional Trade Liaison (coach and strategize with local CM on specific trade driven needs, connectivity to other regions, and voice back to global)
- Insights Navigator (works closely with CIBA team to identify insights needed to support Customer needs in Activation Plans, namely Conversion Plans by Channel, and Category Growth Narrative.
- Business Leadership Team Member (active contributor to leadership team, providing insights and POV to drive overall business strategy and ensure excellence in execution)
- Global Business Council (active contributor to GBC for regional activation of plans, content, communication and planning)
Business Planning & Strategy (Consult)
- New Product Development (consult in areas of portfolio planning, channel strategy, merchandising, volume assumptions, and liaise between regions)
- Base Business Strategy (participates in portfolio assessment and aligning on priorities that support growth objectives maximizing distribution)
- CAB Development (active contributor to CAB process focused selling objectives, media to shelf activations and executional mandatories)
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience required
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Advanced degree preferred
- International experience preferred (outside of the US- having lived outside US)
- Multi-functional background of Sales and Commercialization experience preferred
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of delivering objectives consistently.
- Team management experience preferred.
- Up to 25% international travel
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.