Manager, Manufacturing, Maintenance and ReliabilityRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16041 Apply
The Waxdale Maintenance and Reliability Manager is a critical role with oversight for the implementation of world class maintenance excellence strategies to optimize equipment efficiency/reliability, and improve product quality, while improving fixed and variable costs.
This role serves as the champion for the development and deployment of standard maintenance systems across the Waxdale manufacturing site.
This position will support the deployment of the SC Johnson Maintenance Excellence program in support of operational reliability, energy conservation, optimal maintenance practices, extended asset life, low operating expense, and peak equipment utilization at the Waxdale manufacturing site in Sturtevant, WI.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent is charged with meeting safety, quality, cost, productivity & environmental goals through the promotion and support of High-Performance Work Teams.
- Ability to create short term and long-term actions to support localized implementation of the SC Johnson Maintenance Excellence strategy.
- Ability to develop, implement, and interpret Key Performance Indicators designed to support the department’s maintenance master plan and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead the department’s governance routines, supporting internal and external departmental metrics such as OEE, Safety, and Quality targets.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance (R&M), collaborate with cross functional teams to manage spends to ensure impactful spend and identify patterns/opportunities.
- Review critical asset performance to mitigate risk and improve facility performance standards, operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Execute the methodologies and tools of Reliability Centered Maintenance.
- Work to build capabilities within the manufacturing performance systems, including autonomous production teams, early management, and tiered escalation.
- Coach team members on all shifts to work together toward common goals, support high inter-shift communication and mutual respect. Grow the bench of the Waxdale Central Service’s team by training in-house personnel and enabling internal growth potential.
- Work with procurement and other corporate partners to leverage and build strategic vendors/partnerships.
- Key contact for all Waxdale emergency issues.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with all federal, local, HR, and company policies and procedures
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies
- BS in Engineering, Reliability, Supply Chain, or related.
- 6 years’ of demonstrated leadership roles within manufacturing maintenance and reliability, work management routines, technical storerooms, and project teams.
- Experience with a trade (electrician, pipefitting or Instrumentation)
- Experience in project installation, estimating, layout, design and directing work crews
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- MBA or related graduate degree, CMRP Certification
- Demonstrated success leading large teams.
- CPG or Paint/Chemical industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience within a continuous improvement environment utilizing TPM and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Change agent who can demonstrate skill in pacing, sequencing, and communicating change
- Demonstrated skills at communicating throughout different levels of the organization, from shop floor hourly employees to executive leadership teams within the global supply chain
- Proven ability to assess talent and culture in a manufacturing maintenance and reliability setting
- Progressive roles in leadership that required taking complex tasks and concepts and present them in simple format to key stakeholders with varying skills and knowledge.
- Experience assessing and implementing projects related to Machine guarding utilizing OSHA 1910.212 and/or ISO 14120:2015.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.