Senior Analyst, Chemical Processing EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11975 Apply
- The Sr. Analyst will support chemical processing design engineering activities for global projects, demonstrating technical excellence to ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished in the prescribed time frame and within the budget.
- The Sr. Analyst will work closely with the Engineering Directors, Safety Health and Environmental Team, Quality Assurance, Research Development & Engineering and other cross functional groups, to ensure technical alignment for process engineering projects.
- The Sr. Analyst will work with local and global engineering solution providers to effectively achieve innovative technical solutions for initiatives that meet SC Johnson’s business needs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of engineering design basis and specifications, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and P&ID’s, equipment and instrumentation list, and manufacturing procedures for new production processes by utilizing processing methodology and following the SCJ Engineering Work Process.
- Support new commercially available processing & utility equipment and technology that serve S. C. Johnson’s global business plan.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to regional engineering sites for installing and qualifying new manufacturing processes.
- Support process engineering design activities for the manufacturing facilities, which including major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facilities expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases and installations.
- Develop and implement Process Engineering design and equipment standards globally to supports the S. C. Johnson standardization initiative.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries is expected.
- Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Experience in PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Continuous Improvement – Strong knowledge and experience in TPM Early Management methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
- Project Management – Develop project plans and communicate status changes and risks throughout the project.
- Technical - Experience with continuous process powder handling, emulsification, and inline blending
- Technical - Strong chemical unit operation knowledge and experience, primarily in manufacturing
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities to fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results.
- Full Time, 1st Shift
- Travel expected: up to 10%
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.