Senior Specialist – PayrollRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 21894 Apply
The Tier 2 Payroll Sr. Specialist is responsible for the efficient and timely processing of payroll; which includes process compliance, inquiry management/resolution, transaction processing, and general customer service for employees in North America. This role has the potential for professional development and opportunities for career growth.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with team to process end-to-end payroll and Time & Attendance
- Coordinate with the payroll vendor on all matters related to payroll processing and reporting
- Ensure to address employees’ concerns and inquiries in a timely manner through phone, email and company portal
- Responsible for the updating of related payroll documentation and calendars
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associate’s degree in business, HR, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong drive for results, accuracy, and control compliance
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive in anticipating problems which may occur
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills and customer service experience
- Ability to multitask and understand how to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to changing priorities and short deadlines
- Have a willingness to learn new systems and procedures
- Self-Starter with a proactive and inquisitive nature who can anticipate and pre-empt problems
- Must be willing to adapt to changing payroll processes
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- Office Environment
- Remote work is available once per week for eligible associates
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.