Senior Technician, Mechanical (Waxdale)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 11216 Apply
SC Johnson, a global manufacturing company has a position open for a maintenance technician in our injection molding department. Job responsibilities will include a variety of technical, team, and business activities to help the teams reach business goals. This candidate must have strong communication skills to interact with contractors, vendors, and cross-functional teams. This is an important aspect of the job to convey repairs needed, completed and troubleshooting steps taken for root cause analysis. The job expectation is to maintain a clean and organized work area to ensure a safe work environment. Continuous improvement is a large part of this job to look for production and productivity efficiency opportunities. Following company policy and procedures is a job requirement. The candidate will be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will troubleshoot and fix issues with all equipment within our Component Manufacturing department (injection molding equipment, inspection and assembly equipment, and resin transfer systems). This includes general maintenance of the Component Mfg. plant. Must be willing and able to attend external classes that are in the training program.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least 5 years’ experience as an injection molding maintenance technician, working with Husky, Krauss Maffei Van Dorn, or equivalent to include general maintenance, troubleshooting, basic electrical knowledge and mechanical (pneumatics & hydraulics) repair work
- Demonstrate a high degree of safety awareness
- Demonstrate strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand mechanical prints/drawings, hydraulic drawings, pneumatic drawings, electrical schematics and relay logic
- Proficient in the use of all power tools, mechanical gauges and electrical test equipment
- Experience in heavy equipment rigging
- Lifting requirements of 35lbs. repetitive and 50lbs. intermittent
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and is self-motivated
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general plant maintenance
- Familiarity of chiller and tower water systems
- Proficient in computer skills- SAP, excel, Microsoft outlook
- Projects self-confidence, enthusiasm, and a positive, can do attitude
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Robotics experience a plus
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment (thermolators, resin material handling systems and resin dryers)
- Electrical, PLC and ladder logic knowledge and experience
- RJG Molding processing
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.