Technical Specialist,SHE, Wastewater (Waxdale), 3rd ShiftRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12051 Apply
The Wastewater/Laboratory Technician provides technical support to U.S. Manufacturing for all environmental related issues. The individual in this role also measures and monitors devices utilized in Environmental Operations to define emission levels and will serve as an environmental resource to team members, engineers and operational personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts independent investigations of wastewater discharge problems and waste minimization opportunities in cooperation with the business groups.
- Responsible for operation and assisting with maintenance of wastewater pretreatment systems to insure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Responsible for determining compliance, testing, researching, and measuring of wastewater parameters.
- Provides insight for methods used to measure safety and health hazards and dangerous emission levels.
- Serves as an environmental representative when necessary.
- Assists in the operational goals for Environmental Operations related projects.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Hold or be willing and able to obtain a State of Wisconsin Wastewater Operators License within the first year.
- Minimum 3–5 years of related work experience.
- Possess wet chemistry experience with ability to perform basic wastewater analysis associated quality control activities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and sound judgment.
- Good trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exercises good safety, health, and environmental practices.
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and electronic mail.
- Demonstrate a moderate level of mechanical aptitude and mechanical performance.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Technical Degree, or continuing education credits in Science, Chemistry, Algebra, Mechanics, Wastewater Operations, or Analytical Procedures.
- Hold a State of Wisconsin Wastewater Operators License.
- Familiar with environmental waste (RCRA) rules and regulations, low voltage instrumentation and emission monitoring.
- Full-time position working 3rd shift.
- Ability to work weekends to perform necessary compliance activities and provide 24 hour on-call rotational coverage responding to pager communicated system alarms.
- Must reside within 8-10 miles of the facility and respond within 30 minutes to alarms/emergencies.
- Working conditions may involve lifting of up to 60 pounds.
- Requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves and safety footwear.
- Exposure to noise and subject to regular bending, twisting, and reaching.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.