Waxdale Components/Molding Operation Lead – D TeamRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11068 Apply
Responsible for organizing, prioritizing and coordinating the daily operations of one or more production lines/areas to produce the required products or services. This individual will act as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on their shift and assists with immediate escalations, as well as all mold testing and commercialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the daily activities of team members.
- Job assignments, short notice time off requests, training schedules, etc.
- Facilitate shift communication.
- Monitor applicable elements of SH&E and Security standards.
- Lead and reinforce safe work practices within their team(s).
- Monitor the work area for compliance with corporate and site security policies.
- Ensure the business is running efficiently and producing quality product.
- Coordinate technical resources to ensure ongoing equipment operation and maintenance
- Monitor Resource Role functions to ensure they are performing at an acceptable level.
- Work with support teams that directly affect the daily business operations (e.g., new product development, R&S, Processing, TSPR’s, capital purchases, engineering, planners, schedulers, etc.)
- Keep manager updated on all pertinent team/team member/operational issues.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Train/Mentor individual team members to maximize their level of contribution to the team and business.
- Ensure inclusion of all team members in business initiatives, as appropriate.
- Promote and practice all of the Success Drivers
- Assist management in the development and implementation of the team’s goals/objectives (e.g., operational indices, etc.).
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- Document and inform manager or supervisor of violations of company policy (e.g., breaks, overtime, etc.)
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Two plus years injection molding experience (i.e. Hanging molds, machine and process troubleshooting, and understanding quality specifications).
- Has completed (or will complete within 18 to 36 months) Systematic Molder Training, Master Molder 1, and Master Molder 2.
- Has completed (or ability to complete within 18 months) skills requirements to function as an MTL and QTL, and can train others.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge of Plant Scheduling
- Intermediate Time and Attendance software skills
- Knowledge of Component Manufacturing’s Line to Mold to Auxiliary equipment scheduling combinations
- Experience working with SAP
- Primary contributor to projects as a SME
- Full-time position working 12 hour shifts (7pm to 7am) including weekend rotations / D Team
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting up to forty (40) pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to eight (8) to twelve (12) hours daily
- All of ones’ time is spent in manufacturing working environment
- Please note: The Operation Lead may be asked to move between areas/businesses as business needs or personal development opportunities dictate. In addition, there may be business specific operational expectations required of the Operation Lead; these specifics will be covered during the interview process.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.