Director, Sales Account ManagementRogers, Arkansas Job ID 16997 Apply
The Sales Director is responsible for driving profitable growth. They must lead the development of short and longer term plans to grow the business. They must thoroughly understand the customer’s strategy and executional considerations and partner effectively with cross-functional groups at SCJ (e.g. brand groups, supply chain team) to develop winning solutions for the customer and for SCJ. They must effectively lead, motivate, and develop their direct reports as well as cross functional teams.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BUILD STRATEGIC CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives
- Develop approaches for the customers that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging customer and market trends
- Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value to customers
- Penetrate accounts by developing relationships across multiple levels of the organization, including top levels
2. PROVIDE STRATEGY AND DIRECTION
- Stay abreast of industry trends to identify the long-term, future needs and opportunities for the business
- Identify new business opportunities that have significant revenue and profit potential
- Integrate and balance big picture concerns with day-to-day activities
- Create strategies to balance short-term requirements with long range business plans
- Pursue initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities and to counter competitive threats
3.CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- Seek to strategically align SC Johnson strategies with the account’s strategic priorities
4. FINANCIAL ACUMEN
- Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for S C Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action
- Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and S C Johnson’s perspective
- Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue and risk
- Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions
5. DEVELOP OTHERS
- Provide honest, helpful feedback to direct reports on their performance
- Help direct reports identify and prioritize their development objectives
- Provide useful and real time coaching
- Ensure that your direct reports’ development objectives are completed, tracking progress on development plans focusing on both their strengths and opportunity areas
- Bachelor’s degree AND 10+ years of relevant business experience
- Advanced Degree
- Previous experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Proficient and thorough knowledge of all business software
- Previous account management experience with different classes of trade
- Previous corporate account management experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful penetration and profitable growth of major accounts
- People management experience
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.