Manager, Human Resources Business Partner - ManufacturingRosslyn, South Africa Job ID 13336 Apply
The internal job title at SC Johnson is Manager, Human Resources, Field HR
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources Business Partner, as the HR Manager, Manufacturing, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of HR initiatives within the Rosslyn manufacturing plant and Fairland Commercial Office. You will partner with the business, HR Operations, COEs, and HR Business Partners in all aspects of Human Resources, to ensure successful delivery of HR programs and initiatives across the organization. This includes but is not limited to employee relations, on-boarding, talent management, leadership development, change management, diversity, performance management, workforce planning and compensation planning / implementation.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
In addition to a competitive package, we offer an autonomous and flexible working culture, excellent opportunity for development and progression, as well as a highly collaborative team environment with the chance to make a real impact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a key role within the organization and as the Manager, Human Resources, Field HR, you will be responsible for providing HR Leadership with recommended insights to improve work processes and to help promote an atmosphere of continuous learning.
You will Partner with Director, HR Business Partner to provide proactive guidance, communications, and HR generalist support to employees within the Rosslyn Manufacturing plant and/Fairland Commercial Office.
In addition to this, you will ensure consistent application of HR policies / procedures and local laws and practices and support team members within the manufacturing plant/ Commercial Office to drive and implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business need.
- Reviewing current employment practices and providing recommendations and coaching to ensure policies and processes are compliant with local law and regulations (including Union relationship)
- Leading Labor Relations Strategy to support business strategy (country/ local)
- Executing the delivering Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness programs
- Implementing and/or coordinating applicable training programs
- Responsible for the full cycle recruitment process for Production roles
- Supporting the non-production Talent Acquisition Process and on-boarding
- Supporting compensation process and ensuring distribution of key communications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To succeed in this role, you will be able work effectively in an environment of change and you will have a thorough knowledge of general HR policies, procedures, and leading practices as well as applicable country laws and regulations.
The role requires a confident communicator who can challenge and influence, with the ability to communicate and build relationships effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Management, Human Relations, or related discipline
- Post Graduate Qualification in Human Resources/Labour Relations preferable
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, integration, facilitation, and complex problem solving
- Minimum 8 years demonstratable Human Resources Generalist experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Minimum 8 years demonstrated experience dealing with Trade Unions and/or other employee representation bodies
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Wage negotiation processes
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of local labour laws
- Strong customer service skills including ability to diffuse challenging situations
- HR Information Systems experience preferred, Workday a plus
- Build trust and respect of local employees to ensure you can act as a confidential advisor and support local employee issues
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.