Senior Analyst Plant EngineerRosslyn, South Africa Job ID 12459 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for a Senior Analyst Plant Engineer – Rosslyn, South Africa
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Senior Analyst Plant Engineer (Rosslyn, South Africa)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the following activities in the Rosslyn manufacturing plant:
- Responsible for safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Oversees the project design & implementation of team members. Directs department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Sets direction for Capital Investment for future replacement, new lines or factory development projects. Prepares detailed capital budget forecasts for the site and works directly with the regional Capital & Asset Management Leader for roll-up into full S.C. Johnson’s Capital Expenditure Plan.
- Leads local engineering standardization for Global Engineering as related to projects and processes in order to provide common tools for estimating, project documentation, and equipment evaluation to improve speed to market on new products.
- Drives the development and implementation of Maintenance & Engineering Best Practices throughout the site.
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with regional Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facility, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, facility expansion and/or upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- Investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- Create a managed strategic network of local external technical resources, equipment suppliers.
- Participates in the development of engineering staff to raise the level of engineering competence in key processes.
- Confers with management, production, and/ other cross function departmental staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- BSc University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in FMCG environment in engineering/ maintenance and project management with overseeing site maintenance and engineering projects. Will be considered a plus experience with Aerosol manufacturing and LPG operation, as well as people management experience in leading a team of engineers, contractors and artisans.
- Fluent in English written and verbal.
- Technical skills in Engineering such as: Ability use CAD at an advanced/ expert level and able to conduct and review site and machine designs; Lead NPD and R&D engineering trials; Train teams in Lean maintenance/ engineering and run the EM/PM pillar; Project Management - Develops project plans and communicates changes and progress as well as completes projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent with Lean maintenance manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communications skills and hands on attitude .
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.