Associate Manager, ProcurementSantiago, Chile Job ID 24715 Apply
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
As an Associate Manager – Procurement, you’ll develop a deep level of understanding of the local supply base (suppliers who provide materials/finish goods in Chile and Southern Cluster). You will also identify areas of opportunity in cost reduction, supply chain optimization, risk management and other value-added elements of a supplier relationship inside the cluster.
The position will be responsible for the supply of materials/finished goods, assuring CFR (case fill rate) target, guaranteeing the standards of quality and SHE (safety health and environmental), optimizing costs.
You will also lead projects that involve materials, ensuring to select the best supply chain and will have to manage tools like SRM (supplier relationship management) to measure supplier deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Execute at the local basis the global/regional procurement strategy of the materials/3PMs and lead cross functional teams to create cost savings (and inflation mitigation), mitigate supply risk, and contribute to increased delivered profit (DP). The day-to-day activities include:
- Manage relationships (be the nose to touch) with suppliers to solve any escalated issue related to service, quality, account payables, Invoice Exception, price increase request and others.
- Work with Planning and Procurement team in Southern Cluster.
- Work with Supply Chain team in Southern Cluster.
- Be the local leader for all the projects within the project managers and quality and development teams.
- Lead and support the local procurement team.
- Support the local commercial team requests.
- Drive administrative tasks at 3PMs/suppliers like IEs resolution, Inventory tracking, support planning and supply chain areas, among others.
- Drive SRM (Supply Relationship Program) and eFat (Molds) activities.
- Lead and support cost saving initiatives.
- Support regional portfolio leads, providing local inputs of labor, commodities, FX and other variables.
- Monitor contracts/agreements.
- Monitor financial status according to the local context.
- Implement local/Regional initiatives using OPEX tools to optimize processes/activities.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- English Language: Advanced
- Microsoft Office: Advanced
- Experience: 5 years of experience in Supply chain
- Manufacturing & procurement experience
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization internally and externally.
- Strong organizational agility to deal with managers and above, both internally and externally (with suppliers).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Key skills include networking ability, leadership, strong influencing skills, high level communication, negotiations, and problem analysis.
- Cross functional collaboration.