Associate Manager, ProcurementShanghai, China Job ID 13005 Apply
This role is accountable for the Strategic Sourcing and management of the Surfactants/Other Raw materials Portfolio for the EMEA and APAC regions. Responsible for all aspects of the spend and meeting all business needs at the most competitive terms (total cost including service, quality, innovation, sustainability). Having a deep level of understanding of the supply base and develops and leads the regional strategy and regional execution to drive cost, innovation, supply risk and other value-added elements. Managing and developing strategic supplier relationships. Assures preferred status in the presentation of new technologies and opportunities. Having deep understanding of alternate supply sources and manages supply risk for area of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Procurement Manager – Global Surfactants/Other Raw materials
- Owns the development and implementation of the Surfactants/Other Raw Materials Procurement strategy for EMEA/APAC. Provides input to and aligns regional strategies to the Global Surfactants/Other Raw Materials Procurement strategy.
- Works cross-functionally to unlock cost savings, mitigate inflation, mitigate risk and contribute to increased Delivered and Operating Profit.
- Accountable for the delivery of cost savings and working capital improvement in the EMEA/APAC regions for spend category.
- Demonstrates a high level of understanding of the regional supply market for the spend and is the recognized subject matter expert.
- Knows and anticipates market trends and cost drivers for area of responsibility.
- Owns and maintains a detailed cost build up (clean sheet) of Total Cost drivers to enable fact-based negotiations
- Leverages regional and global sources of supply to create credible competition, flexibility and best total cost position
- Leads negotiation strategy development and execution for assigned spend.
- Owns contracting and continuous improvement process for area of responsibility.
- Point of accountability with senior business and functional stakeholders for area of responsibility.
- Owns supplier relationships and supplier performance for area of responsibility.
- Fosters innovation delivery to SCJ by key suppliers and shares internally
- Category expert that supports cross-functional stakeholders with accurate price forecasts for budgeting, new product launches, project initiatives, etc
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Education: BS Degree in Science/Engineering/Supply Chain Management
- University Degree and 5-6 years of relevant experience or advanced degree and 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Proven track record of Portfolio/Category Management, cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management.
- Supplier Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic business plans and executing to deliver impactful outcomes
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams, including gaining team consensus, developing project plans, timetables, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen with thorough understanding of P&L and balance sheet levers with a proven track record of delivering savings.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills with various audiences
- Strong communication, strategic thinking, influencing and problem-solving skills and
- Self-motivated and positive attitude, operating well in a matrixed team environment focused on collaboration and accountability
- Ability to work autonomously and reach decisions based on business benefit; escalating as appropriate.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Multi-regional category leadership experience and cross-cultural awareness
- Raw Materials Purchasing
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com