Associate Manager, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)Shanghai, China Job ID 14624 Apply
This role will support to leads site-level deployment of SC Johnson’s Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) management practices to ensure compliance with local legal requirements and SCJ global standards. While this role requires SHE knowledge and experience, success is equally dependent on developing and supporting “champions” within the site to drive day-to-day ownership of practices which mitigate and prevent negative SHE impacts on peoples.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads SHE compliance assurance processes to enable compliance with applicable laws, permit authorizations and company standards.
- Supports compliance with applicable regulatory and company process safety management standards to reduce risks associated with the storage and use of high-hazard chemicals.
- Lead site level emergency response management, including plan revision, gear selection and purchase, training for respective team members, drill preparation and coordination, review and improvement.
- Support internal audit processes, including annual compliance evaluation and frequent workplace inspections, to proactively identify conditions and behaviors that can cause adverse health and safety impacts or potential SHE non-conformances.
- Collaborates with the site’s engineering and maintenance teams to ensure that inspections, testing, preventive maintenance activities associated with SHE-critical equipment and applicable high-hazard chemical processes are defined and appropriately documented.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support external regulatory inspections associated with health and safety compliance matters.
- Leads the development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required environmental training for the site is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Verifies the accuracy of data in the company’s SHE database (e.g., Entropy) and analyzes the data to identify loss trends that can contribute to adverse environment, health and safety impacts, regulatory non-compliance and management system non-conformances.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical/safety engineering or related
- Above 5 years of hands on SHE work experience in global manufacturing company
- Full time
- 50% work time in manufacturing environment and 50% in office environment
SC Johnson Asia has been recognized as the Best Multinational Workplace by Great Place to Work®!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community! https://scjohnson.gr8people.com