Associate Manager, Project Manager - NPDToluca, Mexico Job ID 20632 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As Associate Manager, Project Manager - NPD (Internally - Associate Manager, Project Mgmt, Commercialization), based in Toluca and reporting to the Dir Project Management - NPD, the role will be responsible for managing end to end support for new product development + commercialization projects within the overall company portfolio to ensure on time, on budget and on strategy execution. In addition, this role will be responsible for supporting the implementation of process improvement initiatives and other initiatives as prioritized by the business. This is a pivotal role that ensures speed + innovation remain a core competency + that the team is focused, energized + on-track to meet the objectives of our product launches. This role ensures all projects are effectively executed, stakeholders are kept informed, and team members are kept prioritized, focused, and on-track to meet the objectives in our busy/competitive environment. This position will require working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead cross-functional teams in new product development + commercialization (NPD), as well as special assignments. Measure + publish team performance, project status, + metrics. Identify, mitigate, + communicate project risks. Facilitate decision-making, arbitrate impasses, remove barriers to drive project progress
- Assist in the development of project scope of work, cost estimates, schedule, work plans, and resource requirements as part of planning phases of the project life cycle
- Set project timelines and key milestone dates. Ensure teams meet milestone, critical business, + customer dates.
- Manage and track projects through our PLM + PM tool systems (timelines budgets, strategy, project documentations)
- Support evolution of NPD process. Ensure process + tools are understood + applied by cross-functional teams. Support continual optimization of PM systems/tool.
- Support NPD onboarding + training
- Regularly update relevant stakeholders about the progress of projects, potential risks and mitigation plans. Act as “the voice of reason” at executive-level steering committee for product launch + scope decisions.
- Required advanced English with verbal and written fluency.
- Minimum BA or BS degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years project management experience, including project budgeting and proposal review, with clear understanding of technical interdependencies, supply chain knowledge.
- Proven experience leading and managing project teams in a highly collaborative and dynamic business environment.
- Experience in launching new products in in-house or contract manufacturing.
- Management of interpersonal relationships with multiple levels and internal and external functions in the corporation.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence a cross-functional team with successful collaboration: be strong enough to voice dissent but flexible enough to bring the team to consensus. Ability to motivate non-direct reporting; promote teamwork effectively.
- Excellent communication / presentation / collaboration / customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Stamina, character, sense of humor, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, team-oriented, growth company.
- Strategic thinking.
- Basic knowledge of SAP PLM + ECC.
- Capability in developing and implementing business processes, including technical risk identification and mitigation/contingency planning.
- Strong technical skills and understanding: Data analysis and problem-solving capabilities, familiarity with formulation and packaging test methodologies.
- Outstanding IT skills: MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Planning / Organization
- Strategic decision making
- Frustration Tolerance
- PMP or other certification a plus
- Tactical or operational decision making
- Vision of business opportunity strategy
- Development Potential