Manager, R&D (Europe)Amsterdam, Netherlands Job ID 13641 Apply
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Do you enjoy a good challenge and working in a fast-paced environment where you get to lead a regional team in one of the company’s largest manufacturing site globally?
Then you should consider joining SC Johnson in Netherlands as Regional R&D Manager - Europe!
Reporting to the R&D Director Europe, you will be responsible for to managing an European category portfolio of product related changes and lead a team of RDE technical professionals to achieve EU regional goals of Net Sales, Share, Cost Savings, Delivered Profit Margin and Case Fill Rate through the flawless execution of IGP projects. This leader is expected to build a highly capable and engaged team based in Netherlands and other European countries.
Based in Mijdrecht, Netherlands you’ll be working in one of the most important plants for SCJ in Europe. We can offer you a competitive salary plus profit share and benefits that care about the well-being of our people: travel allowance, collective discount on Dutch health insurance, additional Cafeteria model (you can choose between a lump sum payment per year or extra days for your holidays), etc. The facilities in Mijdrecht include free parking, canteen, tennis court, game room and lots of local events are organized to share the team spirit among our people.
- Growth is a Team Sport: Collaborate with regional business partners to execute the 3-5-year growth initiative plans. Build and develop partnerships with key category and regional leaders across Commercial, Finance, GSC.
- Functional Expertise:
1. Drive team to execute against category priorities including product changes, cost savings, supplier qualification/validation, special packs, mold management, supply continuity, etc.
- Function as a category leader for E2E Delivery
- Performance management of staff including the development of employees
- Support to team to establish links to platforms and other technical expertise as needed
2. Function as the RDE business representative for a specific business category (Home Cleaning, Air Care, Pest Control, Shoe Care, or Home Storage, etc); work with global category counterparts to influence portfolio decisions, as well as timing and execution of regional projects and global roll outs. Single Point of Contact for RDE business within one identified category to look for interdependencies within the portfolio & escalate any conflicts or opportunities for streamlining initiatives utilizing SCJ established processes (E2E process, regional OTTW, Stage Gate, Tech Reviews, etc.)
- Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness:
1. Support right capability building and resources (people, tools, equipment and budget) to drive business results. Accountable for technical capabilities, coaching, and support of their team members
2. Execution of the strategy for continual evolution of regional RDE organization in concert with other regions and aligned with global strategies. Develop required organization to support cluster focus across the region.
3. Maintain clear understanding of resourcing, driving flexibility and creativity by finding options around key struggles in the region
- Leadership: Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives. Attract, retain and develop talent while fostering a performance-driven culture. Demonstrate strong cross-functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
- Degree in Science, Engineering or Supply Chain preferred, or a related science supported by experience that demonstrates fit with the role
- Around 10 years of experience in the FMCG industry, considering at least 5 years of progressive RD&E/GPS experience and 3 years as People Manager
- English fluent
- Proven strategic and analytical skills that enable you and your team to understand the bigger picture and develop tactics to accomplish the goals
- Proven track record in delivering on commitments with significant impact to key business metrics growth
- Ability to effectively communicate new ideas technical stories and approaches to audiences ranging from executives to users of equipment/procedures
- Experienced and demonstrated people leader, able to lead in a matrix environment and inspire and motivate
- Able to influence in a global and matrix environment to build cross-functional partnerships/relationships
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application