Analyst Quality EngineeringArese, Italy Job ID 11818 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for an Analyst Quality Engineering – Arese, Milan, IT
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Analyst Quality Engineering (Arese, Milan, IT)
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to the Quality Manager EMEA, you will provide quality engineering representation within project teams that develop, commercialize and launch new and re-staged items made at SC Johnson’s suppliers (3PM) in the EMEA region (Russia in particular).
If you are passionate about Quality and looking for exciting challenges in a FMCG organization, we’d like to hear from you!
Based in Arese - Milan, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share as well as smart working. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include medical cover, life insurance, subsidy canteen and SCJ Holiday programme. The facilities in Arese include swimming pool, tennis court, games room and free parking.
NPDs/ Major products restages - Project support:
Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process at early stages of product development.
• Potential NPD, supplier/3PM, new materials, machine acquisition, process change for 3PM introduction:
- Conduct CM and/ or Supplier Survey (SQA) qualification.
- Facilitate critical specification development and review.
- Participate in product design reviews meetings (project team meetings).
- Directly lead and participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs.
- Participate and contribute to projects Technical Reviews
• Facilitate FMEA, and other hazard identification techniques
• Product & Process validation support:
- Support FAT
- Lead quality aspects of PPV and PLQ at suppliers and 3PMs, including mold qualification efforts at rigid plastic suppliers
- Lead process capability studies
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes
- Develop quality control plans for new processes at 3PMs and suppliers
- Finalize defect classification list after PLQ at 3PMs and suppliers
- Facilitate specifications finalization
• Post launch support:
- Review production ramp up at 3PMs and suppliers; identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity.
- Monitor ongoing quality at 3PMs and suppliers through different auditing tools
- Facilitate analysis of suppliers and 3PMs related quality incidents
Direct material vendors management:
- Conduct periodical Supplier Audits (SQA)
- Agree suppliers control plans
- Facilitate critical specification development
- Monitor vendor KPIs (SRM program 3PMs)
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial engineering, Chemistry or equivalent Technical educational background
- More than 2 years of experience in in Quality function, specifically 3PMs quality management and/or product validation support (experience in aerosol production technology is competitive advantage) ideally matured in the FMCG industry
- Fluent in English and Russian is considered a competitive advantage
- Availability to travel within the EMEA region (Russia in particular)
- Knowledge of applied statistics tools including process capability, sampling, and design of experiments
- Knowledge of major Quality Standards (ISO 9000 series, ISO 2859, ISO 22716...)
- Excellent communication, leadership skills and strong team player
- Pro-active, persuasive and flexible attitude
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application