Production Technician (Mfg Lvl I) – Limited/TemporaryBay City, Michigan Job ID 15922 Apply
Able to monitor line operations, identify issues and escalate timely to senior technicians or maintenance. will be responsible for day-to-day operational activities for the Zipper Tape line in in a fast paced highly automated technical manufacturing environment. Our primary goal is to work safely towards the reduction of downtime and improving our efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position reports to the Production Manager and is primarily accountable for:
- Ownership for self and team safety
- High involvement in Employee Driven Safety practices and teams
- Monitor process and product quality
- Zipper Tape Line Operation Includes: Respond to alarms, roll changes and roll processing
- Packaging and Roll Handling Includes: Loading film rolls, setting splices, packaging reworks, clear package line jams, filling raw materials, and basic packaging cell/unwind stand tasks.
- Work to maximize uptime and reduce scrap
- Complete technical training grid requirements within the allotted timeframe
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with SCJ policies and procedures
- Interact professionally and deliver positive contributions within the team and business environment
- Demonstrate learning agility and adaptability to perform various tasks during assignment
- Compliance to SCJ Safety, Standard Work and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Must be available to work Overtime as needed
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
The individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated Math and Measurement skills- utilization of measurement tools (ruler, hand gauges, etc.) to measure to the 1/16” for quality inspection and detection and determine appropriate corrective actions required
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices
- Flexibility and adaptability to complete a variety of tasks related to running and setting up assigned area.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Effectively communicate in a team environment within and across shifts.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Manufacturing technical degree or experience in a fast paced, highly automated integrated continuous process flow manufacturing environment utilizing multiple technologies
- Experience within a Lean Manufacturing Environment preferred
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and troubleshooting
- SMED (Quick Changeover) experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook Calendar/Email, Word, Excel)
- Limited/Temporary Term Employment
- Available to work nights and weekends on a rotating day/night shift schedule pattern
- Ability to climb up and down steps and ladders
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors included. This includes lifting, pushing and pulling a maximum of up to fifty (50) pounds, standing, sitting walking, bending, twisting, and climbing stairs and ladders for up to twelve (12) hours daily.
- Must be available to work overtime
- Appropriate use and compliance to required PPE (masks, steel toe safety shoes, hearing protection, eye protection)
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.