MillwrightBrantford, Canada Job ID 17700 Apply
SC Johnson is recruiting for a
FULL TIME LICENSED MILLWRIGHT
at our 1 Webster Street, Brantford, Ontario manufacturing plant
Applications will only be accepted online
No phone calls or resume drop offs please
Must be available to work night shift
As a licensed Millwright at SCJ, you are primarily responsible for emergency repairs, preventive maintenance, CI projects, and process support. Under the direction of the Maintenance Team Lead, you will maintain, process, fill, and package related equipment in proper and safe operating condition.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is a fifth-generation family company built on the spirit of our people. For over 130 years, we have been building brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
We believe people do their best work when they're treated with respect, integrity and fairness by their company and their colleagues. SC Johnson is unlike any other business. We are a private, family-led organization where people come first, with programs like Profit Sharing since 1917, and comprehensive compensation packages designed to support SCJ people’s lives and families.
- Flexible benefits plan including extended health, vision, and dental coverage
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Defined contribution pension plan
- RRSP and RSP plans with company matching
- Profit Sharing
- Johnson Employee Association (JEA) – fun events for you and your families, draws, prizes and use of our on-site fitness facility
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Use of our Company Muskoka Cottage Resort
- Shop in our Employee Store
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment and machinery, assist in the installation of new filling, packaging machinery and processing equipment. After installation and setup, ensure it meets standard performance specifications. On electrical problems, seek the assistance of an electrician when necessary.
• Works on assigned CI projects, independently or part of a team. Document problems, findings, solutions and share with the maintenance and engineering group.
• Provide direction and training where required to production personnel, apprentices, and fellow trades to assist machine operators in consistently meeting required production standards. An important part of the job is to provide process control support.
• In conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, develop and modify as required, Planned Maintenance Programs to ensure reliable cost-effective performance of all processing, filling, packaging equipment in their area of responsibility. Based on work orders, carry out and document, preventive maintenance tasks on equipment in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Requisition materials and parts necessary to maintain machinery and equipment. Assist on determination of spare parts stock levels necessary for a reliable, economic operation.
• Prepare job material lists and perform job costing regarding material and labor requirements.
• Work in conjunction with, and assist any resources assigned to jobs throughout the plant. Willing and able to accept call-ins
• Work shift assignments as required. Provide shift coverage when required.
• Attend training courses/seminars as required to maintain technical skill level as related to mechanical trade, equipment, and processes in use.
• Using the work order system ensure time spent on tasks is accurately charged to the requesting cost centers or internal order numbers.
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner paying special attention to hazards to which production personnel may be susceptible. Maintain good housekeeping in areas of work.
• Assist Engineering as required with capital/expense projects.
• Assist maintenance Pipefitter in the installation and repair of various process pumps.
• Perform job responsibilities in such a manner as to contribute to a team effort within the department assisting fellow employees in achieving the overall daily objectives of the work group.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Serve as members of the Emergency Response Team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- College diploma with a relevant specialization
- Industrial Millwright license (proof will be required)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills
- Experience in manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency Microsoft Suite
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably 2+ years related experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
SC Johnson is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources. SC Johnson’s policies on accessibility are available upon request.