Sr. Analyst, Customer Supply Chain (12 month contract)Brantford, Canada Job ID 23224 Apply
This position drives business growth by achieving “best in class” inventory management, superior customer service, strategy execution, sales and trending projection analysis. The incumbent will be a key contributor within the Sales and Supply Chain account-specific teams. The incumbent is responsible for leading and developing flawless execution within the supply chain activities of SCJ and primarily our Tier 1 accounts as well as some support to Tier 2 and 5 accounts. In the Supply Chain capacity, the incumbent provides proactive leadership and strategic planning to establish and strengthen long-term partnership through ongoing dialogue and implementation of supply chain efficiencies with their designated customer accounts.
This position requires the management of customer level planning and forecasting objectives from E2E, vendor to store (Account specific), serves as a logistics resource and account advocate. The key objectives of this position are to drive key internal Supply Chain KPI’s, meet customer inventory targets and improve overall supply chain efficiency. Within the Business Team, the incumbent is the primary Supply Chain contact and performs the following roles:
- Establish and develop cooperative relationships with the Tier 1 Account Buyers and SCJ key stakeholder to drive efficiency in our customer supply chains
- Manage all Tier 1 Account inventory activities from a CPFR perspective.
- Manage and “champion” the order-to-delivery process within the supply chain.
- Continually drive “in-stock %” by managing a Tier 1 Account’s retail and warehouse inventories for all sku’s, with a primary focus of minimizing “out of stocks” at the shelf.
- Develop replenishment strategies that support our customer’s needs, without losing focus on our aligned business objectives.
- This role is responsible for managing and delivering the Pest Control RTV budget(s) through stringent inventory management. This high-risk seasonal category requires constant analysis and quick reactions/decisions. Through collaboration with the Account and our Sales partners, the incumbent will operate with a sense of urgency, have the ability to generate sound insights, accept moderate risks, and drive the desired actions with our customers based on seasonality/trending.
- Supporting our Sales partners through execution and management of:
- Promotional activities
- Seasonal events and KCP’s
- Special Pack orders
- Launch & Exit strategies
- Product and Planogram transitions
- Customer specific programs (i.e. PVA’s)
- Identify operational issues/opportunities and then create awareness and escalate as required, to resolve & address the situation.
- Accountable for accurate and timely item maintenance within the account’s replenishment system.
- Responsible for the Vendor Performance Scorecard on customer service measures, if applicable.
- Support the business, drive for progressive Advantage Survey results.
- Attend meetings as required, if/when applicable, with:
- SCJ Account Managers
- Internal Tactical meetings
- Account Buyers
- Account Replenishment Managers
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Primary contact for all Supply Chain issues
- Deductions; responsible for clearing all deductions in a timely manner
- Visit major customers' key management personnel, singularly or jointly with the Sales Manager to review service performance versus expectation and objectives, as required.
- Investigate service failures and implement resolution.
- Serve as an information resource and communication vehicle for Business Unit Sales personnel to improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and negotiate acceptable alternatives and solutions to customer’s needs and requirements that SCJ is capable of supporting, and sustaining, on a long term basis.
- Communicate, interpret and define SCJ Corporate position, policy and philosophy that may be inconsistent with a customer request, but one from which we will not deviate.
- Address and resolve special, time-bound Sales and/or Customer requests which may fall outside normal operating guidelines, requiring the incumbent to interact with several functional areas in support of resolution.
- Serve as a Logistics liaison to our customers and Business Unit personnel.
- In addition to adherence of the Vendor Agreement the incumbent must direct Customer/ SCJ Sales Supply Chain activities to ensure national “fair business practices” are in place
- Develop and maintain multi-level contacts within the account while expanding both the existing breadth and depth of account penetration.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for North American CS&L project teams providing overall supply chain insight into Canadian customer requirements
- The role requires the incumbent to be a self-starter, driven for results, work autonomously, and hold oneself to a high standard.
- The incumbent must be highly proficient, well-organized and operate with a superior sense of urgency, while managing through multiple levels of responsibility and expectations.
- Provide exceptional service across all internal and external customers.
- Lead by example. Act with utmost professionalism, as a steward of SC Johnson.
- Strong collaborative partnership with our internal/external customers.
- Offer coaching/mentoring to new collaborative partners when applicable.
- Promote safe work practices and good housekeeping along with being thoroughly familiar with all alarm systems and drills.
Criteria for Success:
- Strong cross-functional relationships and communication, both internally and externally.
- Strong understanding of the supply chain process, including distribution operations, forecasting, inventory management, order processing, shipping, receiving, warehousing and transportation flows.
- Effective collaboration with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Customer Marketing and Product Supply Business Team Leads, Sales team, and the customer to develop accurate forecasts and analytical reporting that optimizes Customer’s product availability.
- Manage projects that are within the scope of driving forecast, supply chain and customer replenishment efficiencies
- Thoroughly engage and attend all applicable training to support the success of this role.
- 1-3 years of Logistics or Business related experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for working in a team environment.
- Excellent data management and analytical skill accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / priorities and lead cross-functional projects.
- Ability to self-start and work proactively.
- High level proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to problem-solve, adapt to changing customer demands and sense of urgency.
- Superior sense of urgency.
- University degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP, BW, CPFR.
- Working knowledge of Customer software is a plus.
- Previous Logistics, Inventory Management or Forecasting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with forecast modeling, and Warehouse/Store operations
SC Johnson & Son Inc., SC Johnson Professional, and SC Johnson Lifestyle Brands is committed to accessibility in its workplace and recruitment processes for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to participate in this recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.