Associate Manager, Logistics Operations & Systems – MENAPT ClusterEgypt Job ID 21179 Apply
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
The LOM has responsibility for Logistics Operations, secondary freight, and inventory accuracy within its cluster. This role is the owner of the interface with the logistics service providers (LSPs) proving warehousing and transportation throughout the cluster ensuring they deliver excellence in customer service at optimal cost. The role delivers the accuracy and maintenance of SAP master data relating to the logistics function. The scope of the role includes inventory management and accuracy throughout the network, disposals, internal and customer logistics master data.
This role works closely with Supply and Demand Planning, Transportation, Customer Fulfilment, Customer Supply Chain and Commercial Teams to drive day to day operational excellence, continuous improvement, cost reduction initiatives and complexity reduction.
RESPONSIBILITIES, OBJECTIVES & KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Manage the warehouse and transport LSPs to meet operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage the inventory accuracy in LSP(s) to meet budget and KPIs.
- Analyze and solve problems involving inventory variances, receipt discrepancies, returns, obsolete damage, custom pallets, confirmations, past dues, and unfilled orders
- Partner with the Customer Fulfilment teams to ensure customer needs are understood and met
- Apply Lean principles and deliver root-cause analysis and continuous improvement plans to improve service KPIs
- Provide CTL analysis to support monthly SF/ODE and KPIs meetings.
- Secure data collection for CTS, Daily, Weekly and Monthly Operational Reviews
- Lead and coordinate cross functional activities to secure warehousing capacity during peak periods
- Provide monthly analysis of upcoming warehousing and secondary freight capacity constraints and mitigation plans to feed step 3 S&OP
- Ensure regional best practice sharing and reapplication through continuous partnering with the different ACT LOMs.
- Deliver budget expectations for SF and ODE for your cluster and your contribution to regional costs.
- Inventory Accuracy, including book to book reconciliation, coordination and audit of cycle and stock counts
- Waste and disposal process optimization
- Deliver cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement and ongoing challenge of the logistics cost base.
- Deliver Cost to Serve strategy execution and continuous optimization by generating Savings projects.
- Partner with the Supply Chain Business Interface Manager and other cross-functional partners to ensure the SC priorities are delivered in Logistics Operations
- Build a strong partnership with LSP through Supplier Relationship Management to ensure a collaborative working relationship and joint focus on Lean operations.
- Provide analysis, insight and predictive measures into Logistics performance and business impact.
- Ensure all logistics hub operations are operated in full compliance to all relevant SCJ and country legal standards regarding health and safety, environmental, dangerous goods management, transport, GEN24 and import / export regulations.
- This role is also expected to drive, support or participate in Regional Key initiatives to drive SCJ forward. This could be 25-50% of total workload.
- Develop deep functional and sustainable capabilities in Logistics Operations
- Lead, coach, and develop his/her team of Logistics Operations and Systems
- Bachelor degree or greater – preferably in an engineering or a supply chain discipline
- Minimum 4 years operational experience in Logistics (warehousing, transportation or managing 3PL/4PL providers).
- Minimum 5 years supply chain experience.
- Experience of working to set deadlines
- Experience of identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Experience of the use of SAP
- Strong analytic skills including the ability to powerfully portray data and drive continuous improvement.
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaborative relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across the organization.
- Strong Team player
- Good level of IT capability Including, but not limited to, SAP, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and Business competence in English languages.
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™