Associate Manager, Operations Cost AccountingEgypt Job ID 16452 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunity for an Associate Manager, Operations Cost Accounting, based in Cairo, Egypt.
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
The role is part of SC Johnson’s global Manufacturing Finance support organization.
This position is responsible for P&L budgeting, forecasting of plant expenses and related absorption and capacity analysis. Perform thorough diagnostics and monitoring to assist Cairo site in determining where to apply resources, as well as identifying opportunities to eliminate all forms of waste. The role will have strong interfaces with the regional EMEA Manufacturing leadership team based across multiple locations in the EMEA Region, the regional Costing Team based in Italy, as well as the European headquarter based in Switzerland.
At the same time, the position will ensure continuity in financial reporting in strong collaboration with SC Johnson’s EMEA Shared Services Center based in the UK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver Budgets and manage plant financial performance: Analyse monthly financial performance of the manufacturing site, with particular focus on volumes produced, conversion cost incurred and cost savings delivered. Prepare monthly business commentaries. Provide timely, relevant, and actionable reporting of key performance measures.
- Provide accurate P&L forecast projections (including absorption, functional expenses, material variances, and efficiency variances) linked to the S&OP process. Highlight risks & opportunities with regards to future plant performance.
- Lead the preparation of formalized Capital Investment proposals in the context of capacity expansion of the plant. Identify and quantify drivers of costs and benefits and perform Return-on-Investment (ROI) Analysis. Obtain sign-off by senior global leaders of the company. Ensure project execution is in line with approved investment proposals. Develop & improve capital project spending tracking systems.
- Finance Lead for the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) / Lean manufacturing principles. Get involved as part of the cross-functional Focussed Improvement (FI) team. Perform loss tree analysis and quantify the impact of improved equipment productivity (OEE). Influence the team to take decisions which will result in strong plant financial performance. Highlight and quantify financial opportunities (e.g. related to sub-optimal allocation of resources / sources of waste), prepare recommendations for improvement and drive to have these recommendations implemented.
- Main point of contact for external and internal auditors. Support the delivery against statutory reporting requirements..
- Be a champion for Internal Controls – Ensure best-in-class Internal Controls are in operation at the site. Drive to continuously improve the Internal Control environment, with a particular focus on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Implement process improvements based on recommendations made by Global Internal Audit.
Required Skills / Experience:
- University Degree in Economics, Finance or Business Management with minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience.
- Prior business support experience is essential.
- Prior experience in a mass-market production focused manufacturing facility is a plus
- Excellent accountancy understanding, ideally incl. previous exposure to US GAAP.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to be involved in financial details, yet able to take a broader view of business issues.
- Ability to think strategically and drive the right actions for the longer-term benefit of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel + Powerpoint required; MS Access, SAP R/3, SAP BPC are an additional benefit.
- Self-motivated “can do” attitude, showing a high degree of initiative.
- Excellent team player – collaborative work style.
- Sense of urgency: Ability to deliver against deadlines in the context of multiple priorities.
- Strong commitment and high level of integrity.
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™