Associate Manager, Field HR - North America Commercial and Supply ChainChicago, Illinois Job ID 23836 Apply
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
The successful candidate for the Associate Manager, Field HR position is a self-starter, action-oriented professional, who builds strong relationships and values diverse partnerships.
Reporting to Director, HR Business Partner, the candidate will be responsible for providing a broad spectrum of HR services and support to the NA Commercial (Sales & Marketing) and Supply Chain teams based in Chicago and other US Field offices. The incumbent will be expected to establish trusted relationships with our employees, HR Operations, HR Centers of Excellence, Site to ensure the successful development and delivery of HR programs and initiatives across all teams.
Key responsibilities and deliverables include – but not limited to – the following HR areas: employee relations & engagement, talent acquisition & onboarding, talent management, leadership development, organizational culture & change management, inclusion & diversity, performance management, workforce planning and compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive guidance, communication, and support to employees at all levels in a wide range of HR activities. Partner with HR Operations team and the HR COE’s to ensure consistent application and execution of HR policies and procedures (including those to be compliant with local laws and regulations) within our offices
- Provide counseling and guidance to managers in cases of performance and/or disciplinary issues, including investigation, preparing appropriate documentation, developing performance improvement plans and manage employee leaves
- Responsible for staffing process, working with Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to find the best internal and external candidates for open positions
- Responsible for on-boarding and off-boarding processes, ensuring clear communication, compliance and thorough review of documents as necessary
- Execute Talent Management & Organizational Effectiveness programs such as Performance Management Process (PMP), Management Succession & Development Process (MS&D), Global Employee Engagement and Great Place to Work® surveys, etc.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and cultural programs based on the feedback from individuals and managers
- Responsible for the implementation and/or coordination of applicable training programs
- Responsible for the execution of compensation processes according to defined calendar
- Work with HR Operations to provide transactional support and accurately track and record talent information in HR Systems (especially Workday)
- Lead change management programs and initiatives in partnership with HRBP Director and NA Sales, Marketing & Supply Chain leadership teams
- Support NA Sales, Marketing & Supply Chain teams to drive business strategy and implement ad-hoc HR initiatives that align with the business needs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Business Management, Human Relations, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience and/or related HR fields, preferably within a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Must showcase strong time management skills, successful relationship building with diverse clients, attention to detail / accuracy, willingness to make informed decisions, sense of urgency and being able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next
- Experience and/or ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, able to perform well in a team environment and resolving/diffusing sensitive issues with assigned client groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage others through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with senior level managers and directors
- Solid judgment and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with HRIS systems or similar large database, Workday experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations in the United States
- Ability to exercise extreme confidentiality and possess a strong work ethic and
- Having a people-centric, curious and customer service mindset
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of business strategy across different areas of an organization
- Full Time
- Travel up to 30 %
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.