Associate Manager, FP&A US SalesChicago, Illinois Job ID 10800 Apply
The AssociateManager, FP&A, Sales - provides overall financial leadership to the Sales Class of Trade Leadership Team(s). This includes partnering with each key sales leader to help drive revenue growth, margin improvement, and improved financial returns on trade promotions and shopper marketing initiatives. In addition, this person helps determine customer profitability, ensures a good control environment, and supports expense management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Performance & Analysis
- Provide financial analysis and business counsel to the Sales Account Team(s).
- Support revenue and trade spending forecasting processes - annual and monthly updates.
- Business building analysis including customer profitability and partnership in trade efficiency and effectiveness.
- Report and analyze KPIs including metrics covering revenue tracking, trade spending, and profitability.
- Assess, recommend, and initiate action plans to address risks and opportunities for customer performance.
- Play an integral role in the preparation of internal/external presentations and ongoing appraisal of customer plans.
- Delivering against ad hoc requests and projects from a variety of cross-functional business partners, including senior leadership.
Controls & Process Improvement
- Provide advice and counsel to the Sales Account Team(s) on trade spending policies and procedures. Proactively ensure on-going trade policy compliance through quarterly trade reviews and monthly trade spending reporting.
- Support the Sales Account Team(s) to manage their budgeted spending levels and ensure overspends are avoided.
- Ensure efficient systems and processes exist to facilitate financial planning analysis and reporting across the broader Sales organization for Pre and Post Analysis.
- Other support as needed to ensure proper financial controls.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
The successful candidate will bring a proven track record of driving results. The ideal candidate understands how to constructively challenge the conventional wisdom or accepted ways of doing things. Communicates vision in bold and persuasive terms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Five or more years of experience in Commercial or Integrated Supply Chain areas along with the knowledge of cross-functional processes and operations
- Corporate finance experience including financial planning, forecasting and analysis
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, succinct and persuasive manner
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated experience in providing financial support to executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and contend with a wide range and complexity of business problems
- A mindset to be data-driven and to objectively follow the facts wherever they lead
- Demonstrate the capacity to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and, ultimately, actionable strategic recommendations
- Up to 50% domestic travel
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.