Associate Manager, Supply PlanningChicago, Illinois Job ID 11112 Apply
The Associate Manager, North America Supply Planning Center Of Excellence, has the responsibility to:
- Develop and improve supply planning capabilities (people, process, tools) within the region
- Partner with regional planning stakeholders to lead the implementation of globally defined policies, processes, and tools
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness and capture improvement opportunities within the supply planning processes.
Develop and improve supply planning capabilities (people, process, tools) within the region
- Coach a team of Finished Good Planners, Material Planners, and Production Schedulers on best practices processes, policies, and tools
- Educate and oversee a team of regional Subject Matter Experts (SME), responsible for coaching planners on key processes and tools based on global guidelines from Global COE
- Facilitate the Global Community of Practice amongst the collective regional Subject Matter Expert (SME) team to leverage global learnings
- Support the sustainability of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) by recommending backup & backfill plans to the Regional Management team
- Create audit tools to identify adherence to aligned processes and policies
- Identify, assess and implement supply planning process improvement opportunities, working closely with the Global Process owner and Regional Supply and Demand Planning Managers
- Identify and implement associated technology improvements together with support provided by BPT
- Leverage system functionalities to produce reports from the available systems to enhance decision making (as needed)
Partner with regional planning stakeholders to lead the implementation of globally defined policies, processes, and tools
- Lead the integration of supply planning with connected business processes (S&OP, Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Procurement, etc.) for cross-functional processes
- Serve as key participant in global supply planning initiatives, responsible for developing/ implementing global standard processes and policies
- Drive improvements in the Step 3 and Control tower processes, in line with the Global S&OP maturity model
Ensure efficiency and effectiveness and capture improvement opportunities within the supply planning processes
- Conduct ongoing bench-marking of best-in-class practices in the market, including both SCJ practices across regions and peer practices
- Define logic of master data accuracy and periodically audit the ongoing maintenance of master data
DESIRED SKILL REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE
Required Experience and Education:
- University Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience with SAP (ECC and SCM)
- Experience in SAP implementations and/or effectively liaising with people in charge of configuring SAP, a plus.
- Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration degree preferred
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to drive action and influence decision making at all levels of the organization achieving win-win solutions through negotiation. Previous management or leadership experience a plus
- Proficiency in Supply Planning and process improvement
- Strong understanding of Sales and Operations Planning within a CPG environment
- Significant exposure to Project Management practice
- Strong training and coaching skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in Excel a plus
- Ability to work within high-performing teams in highly collaborative environments
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request toSCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.