Associate Manager - Logistics Transportation - UKFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 979 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for a Logistics Manager UK and Netherlands – Frimley, Surrey
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager, Warehousing and Secondary Freight Operations – Frimley, UK
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®,Mr.Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established agenerations-long legacyof environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
This position reporting to the Logistics Manager for Europe and will be responsible for warehousing and secondary freight operations within UK and Netherlands. This role owns the relationship with the logistics service providers, ensuring they deliver the agreed service levels at optimal cost. The role owns the SF&ODE budget and service targets. The scope of the role includes inventory management and accuracy throughout the network. This role enables the collaboration across product supply and the commercial teams. The role owns major project execution in their geographical area. The role is part of the European Logistics Leadership Team.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a 4.5 day working week, competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- Deliver SF&ODE budget and service KPIs in the country group
- Deliver cost savings through sustainable continuous improvement and ongoing challenge of the logistics cost base
- Manage the warehouse and transport LSPs’ performance reviews, close the loop and improvement plans
- Coordinate cross-functional Cost to Serve improvement initiatives for the country group
- Manage warehousing and transport capacity and mitigation risk plans
- Drive inventory management (accuracy, stock take, quality, expire date, DG, compliance, obsolete, returns) to meet country group targets and SCJ standards
- Ensure all logistics hub operations are operated in full compliance to all relevant SCJ and country legal standards regarding health and safety, environmental, dangerous goods management, transport, GEN24 and import / export regulations.
- Own major change projects for the country group
- Lead, coach, and develop its team
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) or greater – preferably in an engineering or a supply chain discipline
- Strong operational experience in Logistics or Supply chain (warehousing, transportation or managing 3PL/4PL providers)
- Global Trade Compliance experience is a competitive advantage
- Strong analytic skills including the ability to powerfully portray data and drive continuous improvement.
- The ability to build business partnerships and external collaborative relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across the organization.
- Business competence in English language (Business competence in a 2nd major European language would be an advantage)
- Demonstrated vendor management experience and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated LEAN practices, LEAN Champion certification is an advantage
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.