Indirect Tax Projects and Advisory Associate ManagerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 19498 Apply
A permanent vacancy has arisen for an Indirect Tax Projects and Advisory Associate Manager within the Indirect Tax team in our Frimley Shared Service Centre (SSC), reporting into the EMEA Indirect Tax Manager)
Our Internal job title is Indirect Tax Associate Manager
The EMEA SSC Indirect Tax team manages and ultimately submits all Indirect Tax returns (VAT, Intrastat, ESLs, EPLs, control statements, SAFT etc) for all European countries where SCJ has a presence and a VAT registration (currently standing at 14 in Europe with a mixture of established and non established VAT registrations).The remit also covers Ukraine, Turkey and a dotted line responsibility for Egypt, Saudi, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria.
Most of the compliance is routed through a third-party compliance provider or through local VAT fiscal reps where required.
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
- A key part of this role will be required to support in an advisory capacity dealing with general or specific queries from key customers within the SSC, in particular finance, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and playing a key role supporting the rest of the tax team on SSC projects where needed
- Work on projects of varying sizes in conjunction with the EMEA Indirect Tax manager. These projects could be Indirect Tax projects such as the implementation of e-invoicing or the introduction of SAFT or real time reporting through to being the Tax SME on wider SSC or business projects
- Acting as Indirect Tax Processes and Controls Owner – such as VAT GL accounts, Vendor Master Data, Customer Master Data and SAP Tax Maintenance (this latter task being shared with the EMEA Indirect Tax Manager
- Overall responsibility for Tax Audit and Tax Authority query management
- Assisting in the delivery/driving forward of the Indirect Tax strategy
- Responsibility for Indirect Tax knowledge management and dissemination/training to the Tax team
- Becoming fully trained in Operational and Process Excellence Improvements – attaining “Lean Champion” status
oEnsuring clear adherence to work instructions and processes within the Tax team so as to enable smooth tax audits and dealing with tax authority queries
oRespond to VAT queries from all parts of the SSC and beyond into the business
oEnsure knowledge of European Indirect Tax rules and changes is up to date to ensure active effective participation in projects
oDevelop and sustain efficient close relationships with key customers within the SSC
oBuilding a trust relationship with SSC team, demonstrating a reasonable VAT knowledge in all key business areas
oAssist in ensuring continuous coverage of indirect tax reporting through cross country knowledge transfer and common processes and controls
oMinimum of 6 years plus experience in Indirect Tax advisory across most if not all the EMEA region (at least within EU), gained ideally within practice and in house roles (compliance experience not particularly required as advisory experience is absolutely key)
oExcellent business partnering skills
oExcellent communication and planning skills
oAbility to manage multiple priorities under pressure
oAbility to operate efficiently under continuous change
oStrong attention to detail
oFlexibility as little routine, more ad hoc
oFlexibility to change and with an open mind to process improvements
oGood team player, roll sleeves up mentality when needed to continue to drive things forward
oIntermediate to advanced Excel skills
Preferable but not essential
oGood SAP knowledge and a willingness to learn more