Manager, Sales Account ManagementFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 15702 Apply
Reporting into the Director, Sales, this is a key senior sales management position in UK consumer sales team in the UK. The remit of the role is to lead a team of account managers who have responsibility for a selection of customers across the following areas: grocery, discounters, and distributors.
The role has significant p&l and line management responsibility and is a key role in the UK business.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a 4.5 day working week, competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include (when we're back on site) free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station (with direct services to London Waterloo) and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery of key metrics associated with specified accounts group (Gross Sales, Trade Investment, Net Sales, Market Share)
- Ensure customer plans are in line with company objectives and ensure customer plans reflect latest marketing intelligence
- Improve and drive eCommerce within customers and SCJ
- Maximising returns on investment for SCJ and customers
- Coach and develop the team and ensure comprehensive development plans are in place for each team member
- Attend trading meetings as appropriate to support and develop BAM’s
- Develop cross functional relationships with accounts to include marketing, finance and logistics personnel
- Develop and maintain senior level contact with key account personnel – buying controllers / directors
- Attend account supplier conferences as requested and ensure key actions are communicated
- Attend regular customer Top to Top meetings
- Manage functional budget for area in line with UK consumer guidelines
- Ensure account performance is monitored and course correction plans are in place as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We are looking for an inspired commercial leader who demonstrates a desire to take on the challenge of managing a team which operates in a highly dynamic environment. In addition, we are looking for a strong fit with the following experience profile.
- Senior national accounts management experience – ideally gained with major UK customers.
- c10 years fmcg experience with major suppliers
- Experience of attending senior level customer meetings – e.g. buying director level
- Proven people management experience and good coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of customer processes and planning tools
- Possess an understanding of the complexities of logistics, Trade Spend management techniques, promotion management.
- Cross functional experience preferred.
- Resilience and tenacity to ensure complex negotiations are bought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Ability to develop strategies and key tactical plans.
- Leadership skills to ensure team delivers against tough targets
- Ability to deliver results through effective teamwork and individual development
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands. GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™
You need to be legally eligible to work in the country of application.