Trade Marketing ManagerFrimley, United Kingdom Job ID 12740 Apply
SC Johnson has opportunities for a Trade Marketing Manager – (Frimley, UK)
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager, Customer Marketing - UK
This a role that you can bring and share your expertise in trade marketing, where you’ll also be responsible for leading the administrative and operational management of the whole Air Care and Pest Control product lines as well as leading/coaching a Customer Marketing Team. You’ll be accountable for ensuring that you and your team meet business objectives in terms of sales, profit and share by ensuring the execution of winning customer programs.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organization and are passionate about Brands and developing your people, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share as well as a 4.5 day working week. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, tennis courts, subsidized canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport, we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
Within the Air Care and Pest Control Categories, in the UK & Ireland:
- Drive business results through direct reports & Coach and Develop key competencies of direct reports to build into SCJ leaders of the future.
- Ensure Trade Bundles, Base and New Products news developed by the Platform are appropriately and timely executed consistent with agreed parameters with the Northern Cluster.
- Ensures that the executional requirements of the UK customers are clearly articulated and actioned by the Platform and Commercialisation teams.
- Partners with UK sales team in presenting Brand plans & activations to major customers that drive category growth and SCJ business results
- Partners with Category Management and UK sales to ensure all distribution, fixturisation & all channel specific opportunities can be maximised and executed with excellence
- Leads local tracking of distribution performance, competitive activities & ongoing product performance tracking; both NPD & base business
- Ensure excellence in execution of marketing activations that drive unmissable visibility in-store
- Manage the Air Care & Pest Control marketing equity budget, flawless tracking & providing timely updates as & when required to Management
- Lead Air Care & Pest Control through the Commercial Process each month, developing monthly marketing guidelines to improve forecast accuracy for sales & product supply team Executes Special Pack plans consistent with agreed guidelines and principles
- Develop, execute and monitor promotions (pre and post) in collaboration with Sales and Finance.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Degree level education or equivalent ideally in Business or Marketing
- Strong understanding and indepth knowledge of FMCG retail environment and competitive set
- Solid Commercial background (ideally a combination of Sales and Marketing)
- Strong communicator and team worker, able to build relationships at all levels and across functions in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong People Management, Coaching and Team Building experience
- Proven Track record in delivering business results against agreed objectives
- Solid analytical skills with experience using market data (e.g. AC Nielsen, Kantar & Dunnhumby)
- Organisational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to manage for results with high degree of initiative and speed
- Willingness to travel within the UK & as/when required to Switzerland (2-3 times per annum)
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Ideally mobile in the future to work in other countries for SCJ in their commercial environment
This role will close Tuesday 21st April, 2020