Manager, Sales Account Management - Broker ManagerIllinois Job ID 20155 Apply
The Manager, Sales Account Management - Alta Resources leads, educates, motivates, and manages a broker network across a large geographic territory to build and achieve company business objectives at multiple customers. The manager leads and manages the development and implementation of the portfolio business strategy and customer-specific business plans based on the integration of the Brand strategies, customer strategies, and the marketplace / consumer profiles. This role directs the broker’s sales team execution of the customer specific business plans, strategically deploys trade funds, and monitors progress versus objectives. Responsibilities include regularly monitoring key metrics to track and evaluate business plans while communicating and being aware of the impact those adjustments may have on the broader organization. The role is responsible for indirectly managing, coaching, and developing broker team members as well as soliciting feedback from the broker team members and customers for continuous improvement and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all 3rd party and broker related activity for the portfolio of customers achieving Account Revenue objectives, individual training, strategic account planning, and customer development
- Manage approximately ~300+ small to mid-size accounts (some accounts include: 99 Cent Only, Big Lots, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Aldi, Associated Grocers, Container Store, Dot Foods, Piggly Wiggly, Variety Wholesalers, etc.) through partnership with 3rd party agency (located in Neenah, WI) who provide headquarter sales coverage of retailers and distributors via face-to-face, phone and electronic media. Team includes 6 account managers, 3 sales administrators; support for systems (shipments and consumption data), 1 team lead and 1 Director.
- Develop effective reporting, training, score carding, and evaluation criteria and process for the management of the 3rd party Sales Agencies and Brokers
Analyze customer and market trends appropriate actions to capitalize on opportunities and address potential problems
- Achieve net sales, market share, and gross to net objectives
- Drive strategy and execution to pursue alternative channel “white-space” opportunities for new business, including assisting the organization in solving route-to-market challenges.
- Coordinate with Customer Marketing to receive needed brand/shopper resources
- Must be mobile for future opportunity growth/progression within SC Johnson
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 2+ years of broker management experience
- High level of comfort with: forecasting reports, shipment review, and market share
- Retail Management experience
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment
- Strong communication: written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Interact with multiple levels of the internal and external organizations
- Strong leadership experience and acumen
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train on key processes, systems, strategies, tactics and products
- Strong software skills including MS Office applications, Vista, BW, and Nielsen
- Strong Planning & Organization skills – need to manage a complex portfolio of customers and markets.
- Ability to work cross functionally to deliver customer needs (finance, supply chain, customer marketing)
- Sense of Urgency.
- Oral communication in group and individual situations.
- Ability to assess in-depth analysis and recommended appropriate action.
- Ability to adapt to changing work and customer demands
- Sales forecasting.
- Deal spending within budget.
- Distribution recommendations for account
- Merchandising recommendations for account
- Pricing and promotion recommendations for account
- T&E spending within budget
- Comfort with making decisions with limited information/data and high complexity
- This is a field role. The ideal candidate will be based in the Midwest and will work out of their home office.
- Travel up to 20%
- The individual assuming this position may need to relocate for future opportunities.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.