Senior Analyst, TaxMidrand, South Africa Job ID 22744 Apply
Senior Analyst, Tax
• Location: Midrand, South Africa
The purpose of this Senior Analyst, Tax is to provide tax assistance and support in managing the tax aspects of all countries within the cluster (Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa) including appropriate internal controls, identifying tax issues (income and transactional taxes), foreign currency, transfer pricing, customs assistance, international audit issues, U.S. tax reporting and local tax provision reviews, managing local country tax compliance (income tax, withholding tax, and indirect tax), etc.
- Tax Planning - This position will provide assistance on, inter alia, local direct and indirect tax issues, international tax and transfer-pricing, currency issues, etc. with a balanced approach taking into consideration risk factors and impact on the local subsidiary’s effective tax rate. This position will review country income and indirect tax legislation, changes in tax rulings and regulations, and court decisions to determine their impact on corporate operations and recommend, where desirable, alternative actions to minimize tax liability. This position will leverage 3rd party outsourcing where necessary per guidance from Corporate Tax.
- Tax Expense and US GAAP Income Tax Accounting - This position will be responsible for monitoring and assisting in the calculation of the local subsidiary’s tax expense calculations as well as U.S. GAAP income tax reporting requirements.
- Tax Compliance - Ensuring that all tax reporting obligations (Income tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE etc.) across the cluster are met and deadlines set by the tax authorities are achieved. This will entail preparation of the returns and submission once review is done as well as ensure that tax liabilities across the cluster are accurately recorded.
- Tax audits - This position will also support and assist with ongoing tax audits/disputes and manage interactions with local tax authorities with assistance from Corporate Tax. Ensures correspondence with the Tax Authorities is reviewed and approved prior to submission.
- Transfer pricing documentation – Provide assistance in preparing transfer pricing documentation for the African cluster with assistance from an outside firm.
- Other responsibilities - helping with the budget process; country by country reporting; regularly liaise with Corporate Tax in the US to keep the updated on ongoing planning and compliance topics; prepare training slides for purposes of training the broader team on topical questions/issues or audit learnings on the tax process and developments; working with personnel in other departments where interaction is needed to manage tax affairs (IT, accounting, global trade, and customs, etc.).
Experience you’ll bring:
- Full proficiency in English is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools is an advantage.
- The educational background for this position requires a degree in accounting or finance, with a CPA/chartered accountant and/or advanced tax degree or professional tax qualification preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have Min 3 or more years tax experience with 2 years’ experience at a public accounting firm or large corporation performing similar tax related activities
- The ideal candidate should have Min 3 or more years tax experience with 2 years’ experience at a public accounting firm or large corporation performing similar tax related activities.
Behaviors you’ll need:
- Strong accounting and financial skills
- Demonstrate ability to influence across organization
- Ability to implement and enforce internal controls
- Problem solving
- Process Improvement
- Drive for results
- Values others, and cultures
- Self-starter and acts with integrit.
- Analytical skills
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Office, SAP, BPC
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent opportunity for career development and progression, a highly collaborative work environment and an autonomous and flexible working culture where you will be able to add value and be recognized and rewarded.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.
Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member.
Come join us and make an impact through iconic global brands.
GO FURTHER WITH OUR FAMILY™