Analyst, Logistics & Transportation EUMijdrecht, Netherlands Job ID 10998 Apply
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
This position, reporting to the Associate Manager Primary Freight EU, will be responsible for the day to day management and deployment of primary freight shipments from Europlant manufacturing plant. The role will also drive transport analytics to deliver end to end cost and performance improvements. The focus is split between operations and performance management to enable both sales freight and On Time Delivery service KPI improvements. The role works cross-functionally with the different European Supply Chain Teams: Warehousing, Production and Supply planning, Logistics Operations, Global Trade Compliance and external Control Towers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage day to day deployment operations of Primary Freight shipments from Europlant manufacturing plant to worldwide Distribution Centers including: daily loading plan creation, load priority setting, documentation issuance
- Lead the relationship between Control Towers and Logistics Service Providers to ensure shipment execution in full compliance with SCJ standards and export regulations
- Coordinate collaboration with the Warehouse Coordinators to manage warehouse capacity and anticipate potential risks of overflow
- Monitor Service KPIs (On time Pick-up and delivery) across EU and lead continuous improvement plans
- Deliver Primary Freight budget and cost savings targets
- Support monthly Sales Freight analysis
- Participate in major improvement projects for the region
- Lead Logistics and Transportation tasks for new product development projects
- Develop deep functional and sustainable capabilities in transportation
- Become a LEAN Champion, foster LEAN methodology and culture within Supply Chain
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor University degree in Logistics, Economics, Industrial Management Engineering or related subject in a numerical field
- An exceptional ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Strong financial data acumen and analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Fluent in speaking, writing, and reading English
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel
- Eager to learn and to work in a regional Team