Manager, Sales Account Management - Target, Pest ControlMinneapolis, Minnesota Job ID 10638 Apply
This role is responsible for developing the Total SCJ Pest Control business (Raid, OFF!, SMG) at Target with multiple departments through clear customer focus, effective business planning using a fact-based approach to understand opportunities, strengths and objectives of account.
The candidate for this position must possess experience that demonstrates an understanding of the complexities of supply chain management, taking consumer insights to action, fund management techniques, merchandising, promotion development and utilize the appropriate skills to gain the customer support within the global brand strategy.
This candidate works closely with Customer Marketing, Marketing Commercialization, Category and Trade Solutions Managers (CATS), Supply Chain Managers, Shopper Marketing Managers and Operational/Retail to ensure Customer and SCJ business objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual will be held accountable for directing all activities of the Raid/Off/SMG business to assure achievement of account growth/dollar objectives across multiple Departments.
Build strong customer relationships that result in partnership opportunities which drive sales, market share and profit.
Incumbent will develop annual business plan aligned with objectives of the brand and the team with a high focus against corporate objectives of growth of Net Sales, GTN, shares and TDP.
Provides account specific promotional plans, recommendations to Account to ensure achievement of account growth goals and develop ongoing customer plans that are in alignment with corporate and customer goals.
Secondly the incumbent will work closely with Team Lead to:
BUILD STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ businesses and objectives.
- Develop approaches that align with customer strategies that position the business to shape and capitalize on emerging consumer and market trends.
- Synthesize information and translate data into useful plans that add strategic value.
- Work closely with SMG (Scott’s Miracle Grow) team to lead in the development of strategy and the execution of this strategy
DEMONSTRATE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE, AND ADAPTABILITY
- Convey a strong sense of urgency and drive to closure.
- Take immediate and independent action to resolve issues or problems when they arise.
- Take decisive action in high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and adversity.
- Adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
CREATE EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions and opportunities after analysis of critical information that has been integrated from a variety of sources.
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternatives before making decisions and choosing solutions.
- Make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- Evaluate proposed investments against their projected trade-offs and benefits for SC Johnson and the customer, before making recommendations and taking action.
- Understand the customers’ business models and the key drivers that impact the customers’ P&L, from the customers’ and SC Johnson’s perspective.
- Accurately forecast major sources of cost, revenue and risk.
- Identify ways to manage risks when making financial decisions.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience in a CPG company
- Previous Account Management (internal or external) experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Consumer Insights and application potential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in forecast and planning tools.
- Demonstrated ability to penetrate the account at all levels adding value to the process.
- Proficiency in computer skills and financial knowledge
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.