Associate Manager, Federal/Domestic TaxRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15612 Apply
This position will be multi-disciplinary with the primary focus on managing the federal tax affairs of assigned domestic subsidiaries/partnerships, assisting with preparation of the federal consolidated income tax return, and managing parent company and domestic subsidiaries’ sales and use tax functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the federal income tax affairs of a portfolio of domestic subsidiaries/partnerships. Includes planning, compliance, and tax accounting (including year-end close, return to provision true-up, etc.).
- Assist with the consolidated federal income tax return by preparing various Parent company tax book/tax differences, credits, and items.
- Develop Corptax expertise. Maintain tax compliance software to ensure all compliance requirements can be completed and on a timely basis. Leverage income tax compliance software to complete calculations needed for compliance and planning purposes as much as possible and based on best practices.
- Perform federal and state income tax research as assigned. Provide federal/state income tax audit support by gathering information, performing research and analyzing data.
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements in all work.
- Manage/supervise overall state sales and use tax compliance for the parent and domestic subsidiaries. Calculate use tax using a formula method or other automated calculation. Manage outsourcing relationships, including gathering and providing relevant data on a timely basis.
- Leverage tax technology tools and other systems to automate procedures and identify and implement opportunities for efficiency and increased accuracy with the goal of reducing the amount of time spent on sales/use tax to allow more focus on other tax matters.
- Manage parent company sales and use tax audits. Assist with subsidiary sales and use tax audits as appropriate.
- Coordinate and/or file various gross receipts taxes, excise taxes, and other miscellaneous taxes as assigned.
- Manage special tax projects and research. Provide support to other domestic tax personnel as assigned.
- Gather data and file or coordinate the filing of unclaimed property reports. Counsel domestic subsidiaries and assist with their compliance as needed. Supervise audits and VDAs.
- Manage federal Form 1099 reporting, including preparing and filing forms for the parent company and assigned domestic subsidiaries. Manage Form 1042 and 1042-S preparation and compliance.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of federal income tax and/or sales and use tax experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm, large corporation, or government.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- An advanced degree and/or certification as a Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes experience preferred but not required
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- SAP, Corptax, Alteryx and/or Tableau experience preferred but not required
- Strong analytical skills and strong organizational skills for multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to foster relationships and work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete responsibilities with quality and on time
- Full-time. Overtime is expected at certain times, including but not limited to when working on time-sensitive projects
- Minimal domestic travel, primarily to attend seminars, users’ groups, or meet with subsidiary personnel
- Professional office environment
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.