Associate Manager, Global Supply Chain Business Integration/Project ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20275 Apply
The individual contributor, Associate Manager role supports the Portfolio Management Strategies for the AC category, interacting with the E2E delivery leadership team and key teams across the global categories. This includes resource prioritization and creating likage across the end to end Supply Chain to deliver against cross product business category NPD strategies and ultimately deliver incremental growth. This role will focus on development and deployment of an optimized model for limited time offerings and seasonal programs, across all businesses.
This leader must possess strong business, market and category acumen to optimize results, applies deep technical knowledge, business context and competitive set of information to drive business results and project execution decision in assigned category. The SCJ Associate Manager is responsible for the regional technical connection from globally led innovation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the engagement of all Supply Chain functional leads to provide Supply Chain Playbook deliverables per the establish timeline from the ideation through development stage
- Provide overall leadership to execute projects within assigned portfolio
- Develop/manage linkages with cross-functional and regional teams to ensure seamless execution of projects from development to commercialization/ launch. This includes teams located specifically for consumer brands as well as functional head quarter teams such as Global Strategy, Procurement, and 3PM
- Ensure development of robust proxy COS, capital, startup and other costs including completing make versus buy analyses in all sourcing locations
- Provide global sourcing plans and Supply Chain maps to ensure an adequate global Supply Chain to meet marketing volume forecast and capacity plans, leadtime requirements and acknowledge all potential trade-offs
- Develop product Supply Chain management plans
- Assemble the Supply Chain inputs to the global business MEA
- Ensure development of risk/mitigation and contingency plans with project execution teams
- Effectively manage and communicate project risks with Supply Chain stakeholders
- Develop/manage linkages with regional teams to ensure seamless execution of projects from development to commercialization/launch
- Lead project scoping to ensure a winning proposition is defined, delivering business objectives including cost, timing and future growth strategy.
- Ensure Supply Chain team’s adherence and continuous improvement of the NPD commercialization process including stage gate approver responsibilities.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture in the Supply Chain team
- Interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation. Build an engaged team with the required functional skill sets that understands their roles and responsibilities in delivering SCJ business objectives
- Demonstrate strong functional skills, including effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality & robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor and technical curiosity
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of product supply or RD&E experience in a CPG or closely related industry
- At least three years of experience in managing a cross functional team, section, or other large technical group of significant size and complexity
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of total cost ownership and how trade off decisions impact delivered cost
- Sustainable track record in identifying, developing, and executing process improvement initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making with stakeholder alignment
- Experience to interface, lead and build relationships with multiple levels and functions internal and external to the corporation
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals
- Communication – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency, self-starter
- Highly organized, flexible, and able to quickly adapt from one situation to the next with strong analytics and attention to detail
- Proven track record in driving global, creative, innovative new product development processes that result in product and portfolio growth
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 25% travel (domestic/ international)
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.