Associate Manager, Master Data Senior AnalystRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17180 Apply
The Associate Manager, Master Data Senior Analyst works within the Global Data Management (GDM) organization to drive value for the company through data management practices such as data quality, governance, and strategy.
Material Master Data Senior Analysts are the subject matter experts for SAP Master Data, responsible for the design and implementation of best practices around data capture, access, usage, and architecture based on business and continuous improvement needs. This specific role is responsible for driving the Material master data strategy inclusive of data quality, governance policy, global standards, and data certification.
This role reports into the Operations Lead for the GDM team within BPT (SCJ IT team) and interacts with and is supported by BPT, data stewards, data analysts, the data governance lead, business relationship managers, global process owners, and key business data owners.
Pro-Active identification of improvement opportunities
Working at the intersection of business and technology, the master data senior analyst will engage with business leaders to understand business challenges and opportunities and then translate that insight into high-quality solution proposals within the material data domain through:
- Making proposals and influencing decisions on improvements to the data management process.
- Actively implementing aligned data standards to drive data quality.
- Promoting process improvements and efficiencies through various aspects of automation and data management.
- Acting as the escalation point for data (process) stewards supporting the material data domain to promote, improve, and enforce data process standards.
- Working closely with the data governance team to define Material data quality measurements and reporting needs.
Delivering value within projects
The master data senior analyst is the GDM representative consulting on major initiatives related to the material data domain consulting our business and IT partners on best approach to deliver new capabilities, guiding the project on master data field use best practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alignment of the Material data domain strategy with the SCJ corporate strategy to deliver material data fit for use to achieve key deliverables
- Lead as a Subject Matter Expert on projects that impact or use material data to ensure it is being used and managed in a consistent, sustainable, and accurate way.
- Support business projects via consulting, validating, and performing assessments of scope and design.
- Solution proposals and backlog development to support the continuous improvement of material master data processes and uses supporting global business strategy.
- Serve as the liaison to the business for material master data, providing stakeholder relationship management, jointly setting data related priorities.
- Develop, prepare, and present proposals for material data related initiatives to GDM, business and IT leadership
- Serve as an escalation for material data issue management.
- Back up GDM operational team in support of material data related tasks.
- Engage with business globally, across all BUs and across ERP platforms as a SME and material data leader.
- Responsible for policy and procedure reviews, improvements, and facilitation of procedure updates with global process owners.
Data Quality and Governance
- Ensure accurate and fit for use material master data through the creation and utilization of data governance and data quality processes.
- Effectively roll out material data governance practices across the enterprise.
- Measure data quality and governance progress for the material data domain working with the data analyst and consulting on the creation of data governance scorecards.
- Actively define and consult on material data certification and the standards by which it is certified for use.
- Define and implement global material data standards.
- Develop and perform a periodic review of material master data to ensure ongoing quality.
- Work with Data analysts to develop data quality and governance reports.
- Define the data dictionary for material data and business rule definition.
- Lead and participate in material governance discussions at governance council meetings.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business or related field or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of relevant experience or 3+ years with an advanced degree
- 2+ years of experience with SAP with a demonstrated understanding of material master data management and governance.
- 2+ years of experience with data profiling, quality checks, scorecards, data cleansing, and policy definition for active governance.
- 2+ years of experience with data quality and governance practices.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at different levels of the organization globally.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
- Ability to navigate cross functional programs, coordinate projects and processes across regional and global boundaries building effective cross functional teams.
- Strong understanding of SAP ECC and SAP PLM with a willingness to learn other systems for material data management.
- Experience with material master data management.
- Strong desire to create and continuously improve data management.
- Strong understanding of data quality and governance as it relates to material master data needs.
- Good knowledge of the business uses of material master data.
- Experience leading or working on complex cross functional projects with a focus on master data.
- Strong MS excel skills.
- SQL knowledge and ability to write queries for data reporting.
- Experience with data quality and governance tools and processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and support business and IT goals.
- Proven self-starter with high standards of excellence and an innovative thought process for master data management, data quality and governance.
- Ability to mentor and teach others about material data management and a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard business processes using material data.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.