Associate Manager, Packaging Machine EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11724 Apply
- Associate Manager provides technical expertise and solutions in filling equipment design and related primary package: labeling and sleeving, secondary package: case packing and pelletizing.
- Demonstrates mechanical engineering capabilities to provide the technical know-hows and work with global project engineers to achieve the goals and objectives of company’s global initiatives.
- Functions as a member of our subject matter expert team for packaging equipment by providing front end engineering, executional support and application of new and best practice across the broad global portfolio that stimulates innovation and continues improvement.
- Requires a strong personal initiative and a broad-based engineering knowledge to drive packaging innovation across the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for machine safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all designs comply to SCJ Global Safety Standard and engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Interface with project group and other cross functional group on engineering needs in support of operation, capital planning and project execution.
- Provide technical support to enable decision making on packaging equipment selection, standardization design of new packaging process and modify existing packaging equipment designs to improve production techniques.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facilities, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations
- Provide feasible packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with Global Product Supply, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Investigates, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems globally.
- Support the development and implementation of Engineering Best Practices throughout the organization.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- B.S. in engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience, or an advanced degree with three years of experience preferably in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries developing packaging equipment solutions
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Project Management – Success in developing, implementing global project plans and initiatives. Display strong competencies in communicating risks and mitigation plans to executive stake holders.
- Continuous Improvement – knowledge and experience in driving TPM Early Management methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
- International project implementation experience is plus.
- Experience with Liquid and aerosol filling, labeling, sleeving and any associated ancillary equipment is preferred.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills with international teams.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities to fosters group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results.
- Full time, 1 shift
- International travel is required
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.