Associate Manager, Project ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 18122 Apply
- The Associate Manager, Project Management, Products (GPM) is responsible for delivering projects in the End-to-End (E2E) New Product Development (NPD) process. This position will guide the team through the NPD Process, ensuring deliverables, success criteria, timing, and risk/mitigation profile is clear and executed.
- This role has accountability for identification of process or principle deviations, initiating trade-off and escalation discussions, and leveraging the visual performance management process to maintain project progress to goals. The GPM drives integration with the regional execution, aligned with business commitments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage business acumen to understand market and category dynamics to optimize business results; Demonstrate SCJ Success Drivers and establish a “Mindset to Win” Culture
- Execute the technical plan and coordinates activities of functional team members to execute validation test plans that will meet commitments of key technical deliverables
- Influence others to drive project progress in functional area
- Model strong R&D functional skills, including appropriate skills in effective communication, financial acumen, integrated risk management, project management, quality, robustness, regulation & safety, scientific rigor, and technical curiosity
- Demonstrate the ability to pivot between working with a front-end team operating in ambiguity and operating in execution
- Apply rigorous timeline and risk management practices to effectively manage technical and timeline risks
- Apply root cause analysis and problem-solving skills to identify the most critical factors that impact successful project implementation
- Draw on scientific and functional expertise to enable successful development and commercialization
- Provide consistent communication with cross-functional team and internal stakeholders
- Participate in the PM Community of Practice
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience in development and commercialization of consumer product goods, or a master’s degree with at least 3 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven track record working with design and manufacturing partners outside the organization
- Ability to create and utilize development methods and tools, such as DOEs, to solve technical problems and deliver claims
- Technical breadth and depth in product development and commercialization, global products experience, technology trends, competitive and IP landscape, systems, analytical test methods, sustainability, and leveraging external technologies
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a clear focus on high quality and timely delivery of objectives
- Natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is reliable, tolerant, determined, and empathic communicator
- Excellent communicator with track record of presenting ideas with courage and conviction
- Excellent project management skills
- Full time
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.