Global Design Manager, Pest ControlRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12269 Apply
- Develop, manage and deliver effective and compelling design systems and solutions across critical touch points, media and channels for existing brands and expanding portfolio
- Champion design and collaborate with cross-disciplinary colleagues to drive quality design experiences and solutions across brand touch-points, including identity, packaging, product, eCommerce and retail environments
- Manage designers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of brand design strategies and brand foundation tools to help drive sustainable growth.
- Drive final design recommendations and decisions to enable artwork execution / production phases and new product execution.
- Ensure strategic vision solves a business problem successfully, on budget, and on time.
- Train cross-functional team members to ensure all design initiatives are executed on brand and adhere to the brand guidelines.
- Lead design direction on licensing programs and be the face of design to all licensing partners.
- Partner with world-class design, innovation and product development agencies to develop best in class design, as well as guidelines (2D and 3D) that will be utilized for all brands, globally.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master's degree in Industrial Design, Design Strategy, Product Design, or a closely related field, plus 3 years of experience in brand design for the Consumer Product Goods (CPG) industry, or a bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience.
- Three years of experience in each of the following: product form language, ergonomics, user-centered design, design for manufacturability and product interaction.
- Three years of experience in at least two of the following: Solid Works, KeyShot, Sketchbook Pro, Analog sketching or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Three years of experience in written and oral presentation of brand design strategy and ideas to design team and stakeholders
- Three years of experience in design involving engineering and manufacturing processes, including two of: injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, paper construction or automation.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Display Exceptional leadership skills.
- Innovative and collaborative.
- Approach Design with strategic and creative excellence.
- Exhibit conceptual and analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a manner that inspires and motivates others to understand, meet and exceed expectations.
- Fluent in print production processes; Pre-press through to production.
- Manages complex projects across functions.
- Fluent in Design Thinking methodologies.
- Fluent in NPD development/innovation processes.
- Cooperative work-style and strong team player
- No hesitancy in rolling up sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to deal with complexity (organizational & project) and manage ambiguity
- Position requires domestic and international travel as needed for consumer research, market study, or agency visits.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.