Global Supplier Quality Management Systems ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11625 Apply
- To provide global quality leadership and oversight for Suppliers and Contract Manufacturers to ensure we are driving end to end quality strategy and management through all 3 Business Units (Global Consumer Brands, Lifestyle Brands and Professional). This will enable SCJ to drive the best selection and sustained continuous improvement of our suppliers to ensure we are delivering on business objectives.
- To provide expertise and standards across manufacturing organizations that support all three Business Units that will drive capability, standardization and enhanced effectiveness in the Global Quality Organization of our suppliers and 3PMs.
- Influence the creation and continuous improvement of global Quality Management Systems where appropriate, ensuring that we have the right strategy to drive competencies and capabilities in our suppliers’ quality organizations.
- This role will collaborate with the Quality functions within the 3 BU’s to ensure a consistent implementation of corporate standards and systems across our supplier base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own and aid in the development of our 5 year glidepath and journey map for suppliers and 3PMs
- Drive our 5 year strategy through the global development of and ensured implementation of Supplier standards, metrics, recognition and partnership programs. This will include ensuring audit programs are systems and performance based, and we are auditing the right suppliers at the right time.
- Establish strong relationships within the Procurement and Contract Manufacturing divisions to assure we are driving the voice of quality into these respective systems and processes. In addition, providing strong customer service to these areas and Manufacturing to ensure our suppliers are delivering good quality product
- Management of global Supplier metrics to ensure regional supplier programs are being implemented per policy, and identify potential gaps with Suppliers to drive continued improvement
- Identify best practices within the regions to ensure continued enhancement of programs
- Development of Supplier escalation and negotiation programs to ensure that issues are getting elevated to the right levels in SCJ and within the Supplier’s organization to ensure we are addressing and solving issues and losses quickly and completely.
- Aid the regions in resolving issues with problematic suppliers
- Routinely evaluate key metrics and quality incidents to target additional opportunities for improvement of Global supplier QMS programs
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 7 years of Quality experience with experience across multiple global manufacturing locations, with 10+ years preferred.
- Experience in working with suppliers, contract manufacturers and procurement groups
- Experience in the chemical industry, food or drug industry or in a fast-moving consumer goods company is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing operations, engineering and/or Lean/TPM is preferred.
- Education – BS or MS in Engineering or Scientific equivalent.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge of QMS programs and setting up global QMS systems
- Basic knowledge of GMPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated independent initiative and ownership
- Global acumen and familiarity with multi-cultural diversity
- Experience in problem solving; data analysis; broad based statistics; and developing new systems
- Ability to interface with top level management internally and externally to address large issues and build systems and programs
- 5-10% Percent Global Travel may be required
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.